11.

The snowfall started earlier today than usual. Since lunchtime, the snowflakes were falling down on the ground. Usually, it was closer to the evening. Ellie showed up on the front porch with her hair full of snow and almost shaking from the cold. Both Hope and Joel didn't want to make her wait for a long time and on the second knock the brunette opened the door. The cold breeze of the fresh air entered the house, sending shivers down her skin. The man started the fire in the fireplace, to help the house stay warm during the snowfall. Hope took a girl into the kitchen and poured them both coffee, warming up her hands while holding the cup.

Ellie took a look around the house. Something that was so familiar seemed yet so unknown to her now. They lived for a long time all together and, every single inch of this house was known to her, but now, it was just a house and not a home. But the presence of the people she knew and loved, who were around her, and that's what really matter.

- It feels so good to have you here, Ellie, - Hope sat next to Ellie on the chair, as she put down the cup for their guest in front of her.

- And I am happy you didn't forget about me, - Ellie smiled softly, finally feeling the warmth after a long walk from her own house, and coffee was feeling divine.

- Hey! – A brunette felt a bit embarrassed that this meeting didn't happen earlier, but instead, she slightly kicked her guest in the waist with the elbow.

- I am just joking! – Ellie laughed slightly, giving the kick back to her friend, and then focusing on the coffee. The situation seemed more awkward than everyone would love to, but it needed some time to make it better.

- I hope you know that this is always your second home, - Hope put a cup on the table and wrapped her hand around the girl's shoulder, holding her closer.

- Highly appreciate it, Hope, - She smiled, wrapping her hand around the girl's waist, hugging her for a moment before breaking it off.

- And if you ever feel lonely, or just want to storm inside, feel free to do it, - A girl got up from the chair and walked to the counter. She got the second key from the house, the one she once gave to Tommy on the day when Joel and Ellie came to Jackson. In reply, she got a rare, but bright smile from her friend.

- Sharing the secrets without me? – Joel stood in the doorframe, as he watched the girls, not hiding his smile away from the fact that they all were all together again just like in the past.

- Already told all your little secrets, you're late Joel, - Hope came back to the chair she was on and winked at the man.

Time flew by quickly with the conversations they had over the night. Hope and Joel tried to do everything they could to keep their secret between them two for as long as they could. When all of them felt tired, it was too late for Ellie to walk back home. Her bedroom was never touched by Hope neither was Joel. Ever since the day she left, the empty room in the house stayed as it was. It felt like everything was just the same, but for two out of three of them, something was too different not to notice it.