15.

After what happened, a couple of sunsets and sunrises passed. Both tried to put their heads into their tasks as if the situation will dissolve by itself. Unfortunately, it will not. Another winter night was warmer than usual. Knowing at what time she was usually coming home from spending the whole day at the hospital, the man grabbed a cup of coffee, and a guitar and left outside to sit on the front porch. They shouldn't escape the conversation any longer, or it will slowly kill them from the inside.

- Hey, - Joel put the guitar aside, as he heard the footstep on the front porch, he didn't wait for long to get up from the wooden chair.

- Hey, - Hope let a small smile appear on her face, she wasn't running to let him notice her, as she took a moment before hearing the soft melody of the guitar.

- You're unusually quiet, - The man walked closer to her, leaving one step between them, he fixed her hair behind the ear, catching the attention of a girl to him.

- Sorry I'm just, - A girl sighed, as she looked away and tried to find the right words to explain what she was feeling or at least tried to do so.

- Is it because of Ellie? – He touched her chin to bring her to look back into his eyes as he tried to finish this conversation once and for all.

- Sort of, just a lot of thoughts in my head, - And that's how it was. Thoughts in her head were the main reasons why she spend most of the hours in the hospital now, just to escape her own mind with all the questions.

- She'll eventually understand, that's it, - Joel looked back and grabbed the cup of coffee in his hands, as he leaned on the deck railing looking somewhere deep into the wood.

- And what's coming next? – Hope finally asked the question that was haunting her ever since. Was the situation with Ellie the end of their little secret? Did it even mean anything? Or were they back to their own normal?

- If you want me gone out of your bed just let me know, - He made eye contact with her, speaking calmly, but with all the seriousness the man could have in his voice.

- Oh shut up Miller, - A girl giggled and opened the door inside of the house, feeling already chilly outside and let them inside of the house in a much better mood than they had for days before