VIII

Gojo's pov:

The sun was shining through the branches of the trees and as I went outside, the light wind whistled as it hit my face. A white silhouette of an entity appeared and was bothering me. It was Mika. The tiger came and dragged me by the shirt.

"Cut it out! I don't want to play," I tried to escape her but I was unsuccessful.

She brought me near the garden where I saw Y/N. It was a nice day, yet she wasn't enjoying it as usually.

I walked up to her. She was feeling down for the past few days and It was obvious something was bothering her.

I know my mom can be tough when it comes to training and I think she got into her head with her harsh speech.

"Hey!" I said slouching next to her.

Y/N was sitting on the porch with her head on her knees.

"What do you want?"

"You're more irritating than usual when you're sad. I don't like it," I continued, scratching the back of my head.

"Your face is irritating," she replied laying down on her side.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

"Listen, I can let you hit me if that would make you feel better," I offered because I considered that I had to make up to her. 

I feel guilty that my mom made her feel bad and last time she was there for me, now, I can at least try to cheer her up.

"Huh? Well that's a tempting offer but no. It won't."

She gets up and is now looking at me.

I guess she likes to do that, because more than often, I catch her staring. She's weird.

"Your mom is right. I have to actually win in order to progress, but it's impossible with you. Why are you so good?" she asked with a defeated expression on her face.

"I don't know. It's a blessing and a curse."

"Yeah, curse my ass. I doubt it. Being able to defeat everyone is what I need in order to keep the ones I love safe. I suppose if... If it's possible, I want to be you Satoru!"

The gleaming in her eyes when she said that caught me by surprise. My heart felt weird.

"I..." I tried to say something, anything but I was lost.

I am sweating at this point, but to be honest, I think the end of the summer is at fault. Today is one of those hot days that melts your brain.

"Oh, right. Maybe this will make you feel better," I reached for my pocket and pulled out a double stick popsicle that I got earlier.

"Berries, your favourite," I said as I gave her the other half.

"How did you know?"

"You always write it on mom's shopping list."

"Damn it! I thought I was sneaky about it. I won't promise that this would do the job though."