XVI

Gojo's pov:

Her anxious fingers were playing with the neatly braided ribbons in her hair showing a subtle hint of her nervousness.

I couldn't help but let out a soft smile.

She was scanning our surroundings and even though she told me to do the same, since it would be much more effective with the help of my six eyes, all I could see was her face being softly lit by the sign that read "Shinagawa Aquarium".

With a gentle sigh, she uttered, "I think it's okay," her eyes meeting mine in an unspoken connection.

The little white dress she was wearing was somehow even brighter in the dim light of the aquarium. Needless to say, I couldn't take my eye off of her.

"Are you ready?" she asked me while shifting her gaze away and placing a hand on the back of her head.

I think she's nervous.

"If it's ok, then how about you hold my hand?" I said as I put my right hand out and waited for her move.

"Shall we just stay at the entrance all day? Let's go already!" she replied, sounding a bit irritated.

Despite her growing frustration, I held my ground, refusing to follow her.

"Ugh, you're impossible," Y/N sighed and came back for me. She slowly placed her hand in mine with a pouty face as if I just asked her to do an unimaginable task.

"See, it's not that awful," I teased as she rolled her eyes at me.

Once we entered the aquarium our attention was quickly captivated by the very beautiful and colourful fishes swimming in the tanks. All in such calm and clear water that sent a tranquil feeling through my body, either that or the fact that Y/N's grip on my hand tightened, her fingers interlocking with mine as we walked further down.

We strolled through the dimly lit corridors, for a few minutes, observing the marine life surrounding us all while Y/N's laughter filled the space.

"Look at this one," she said pointing at a particularly ugly fish that was swimming away from the group. "It looks just like you."

"Ha, ha, very funny," I replied rolling my eyes while she so shamelessly laughed as if that was the funniest thing ever.

"You know, even your grandma tells funnier jokes," I mentioned as I waited for a reaction from her.

"Hey that's a low blow," Y/N yelled at me and playfully hit me in the arm.

We both started laughing as our eyes searched for each other.

Honestly, I didn't had much hope for this to turn out as good as it did, actually I couldn't even imagine the two of us can enjoy each other's presence with such ease. Perhaps I thought we will fight every moment of the day but I'm glad I was wrong.

I pondered while I tucked a loose piece of her hair behind her ear as I allowed my eyes to rest on the image of her moving lips as it called for my name.

I leaned forward but instead of the soft and sweet taste of hers I was met with a pair of cold hands that almost suffocated me.