Ch.5 The First Step pt.2

3rd Pov

It was mere moments after Brisa was sent flying into the air by the springboard under her feet back on the cliff. She turned around and did a bit of sky gazing as she fell into the Emerald Forest up until the last few moments. In seconds she turned, activated her weapon and threw it at a tree, slicing right through a thick branch and causing her blade to stick into the ground.

Afterwards, she planted her feet on the branch and rode it to the ground in the forest, grabbing her scythe from the ground as she surfed her way a small distance through the forest. Eventually, the branch got stuck in the ground, and Brisa pulled off quite the stylish flip and landed on her feet.

Brisa: "Now that's what I call a landing~."

As she deactivated her weapon and cleaned off the loose dirt from her clothes, she heard a few interesting noises. One of which was a distinct yell from who she assumed was Ruby.

Ruby: "Birdy No!"

After which she heard what sounded like a rocket propels into the air, followed by a loud thunk. Guessing from the noise, Brisa deduced that someone threw a javelin or something similar to it.

Jaune: "Thank you!"

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry!"

Meanwhile, Yang was having a blast using her gauntlets Ember Celica to fly through the air, firing off a shot from her gauntlets to keep herself airborne before finally falling through a few branches and rolling onto the ground.

Brisa: "Well, sounds like a few others weren't as successful with their landing. Now, let's go ahead and get to this temple Ozpin mentioned..."

She headed off to what she guessed was north, running at a relatively quick pace. She would be using her Semblance to blast her way through the forest, but she might need the energy for later if she meets opposition.

Elsewhere...

Cyra who was also taking part in the exam made her landing by bringing out her weapon of choice, which she has graced with the name Nova. It was a spear in which she had attached it to her daggers and used it by throwing it at the nearest tree. Attached to the blade, was an elastic band that she had the other end of in her hand. The blade of the dagger stuck firmly in the tree and she used said tree as a swinging point to land into safety before pulling her weapon back into her grasp.

Cyra: "Now, first and foremost, I gotta go find a partner... I wonder who it's going to be..?"

After establishing her objective, she began making her way through the forest in hopes of finding her partner.

Elsewhere... 2x

In another area within the forest, another potential student was still falling towards the ground. This individual was none other than Josh Hamilton, who made his landing by sticking his axe into a tree and slowly descending towards the ground. After landing, he took a look at his surroundings.

Josh: "Doesn't look like I landed too far from the temple, I'll just head there, and meet someone on the way..."

He began making his way to the temple as well but at her own leisurely pace.

Elsewhere... x3

Brisa was still running right through the forest to head to the temple but found herself slowing to a stop in a convenient clearing once she heard a rustling in one of the bushes.

Brisa: "Already huh...? That was fast."

She reached to her back and grabbed her weapon, Corrupted Thorn and activated it, holding it at her side.