Ch.13 Forever Falls

3rd Pov

After a whole lot of questions Cyra received from Weiss, she wearily made her way back to her dorm. Just as she was about to turn to a corner she heard voices. Cyra pressed her back against the corner wall and listened. The voices she heard were familiar to her. It was Ruby and Jaune, who seems to be questioning his role as leader. Ruby says that he may have been a failure before, he may have been a failure when he arrived at Beacon, which she silently agreed to a bit, but she heard how Ruby said he can't afford to be a failure now because he has a team, and their lives are in his hands. As Ruby goes back to bed, Jaune is left with even more doubts.

Cyra was really transpired at Ruby's word of wisdom that it made her smile from all the confidence. Cyra heard the sound of a ringing scroll and an inaudible message afterwards. Deciding to listen even further, she kept herself hidden as she listen carefully. It was a voice message from Cardin, saying some orders on top of the Dust Project that Jaune's supposed to work on for him: he has to go out and get some Rapier Wasps.

Cyra was utterly confused as to why Jaune began taking some stupid orders to a jerk bully like Cardin. After Jaune received the message, he closes his scroll just when it begins to beep again. Sighing, he wearily heads down the hallway and away from his room. When Jaune was finally out of sight, she walk up after hiding, still wondering about Jaune's behaviour. She opened the door to her dormitory to find it slightly dark, but she could make out the figures of Josh and Raiden already sleeping in their bed/cage, with Brisa nowhere to be found.

Just as she was about sleep for today, the lights suddenly flickered to life, and she felt Brisa's, although she is quite immune to it, cold presence behind her.

Brisa: "Where were you, Cyra."

Cyra: "Um... I got you some brownies."

The Next Day

Brisa's Pov

Raiden: *cheep*(using his voice collar) 'Ugh! Come on already, Cy! We're gonna be late for the trip!'

Cyra: "Just give me 10 more minutes, Rai. My head's still full from Brisa and Weiss' questions last night."

Cyra rolled onto her side away from Raiden and draped her covers over her entire body in hopes she would just let her sleep more. Last night after she got back into Beacon, Weiss gave her long questions about how she was able to afford most of the snacks and pay for all those dessert snacks. She earned another load of questions from her team leader, me when she got back into her dorm and asked where she was, what she was doing and why did she get back late. Her tardiness only caused Raiden to sigh frustratingly.

Raiden: *cheep*(using his voice collar) 'Ah, Jeez! Come on already! Brissy! A little help?'

I walked over to her and used some ice dust against her as I lifted her covers I touched her neck and sent tingling icy bolts in it.

Cyra: "Alright! Fine! I'll get up. Dang, it. I hate when you do that to the team, Bri."

I gave her a smirk and received a high/feather-five from Raiden while Cyra got up and fixed her bed.

Brisa: "I guess I have my dust crystals to thank for."

I playfully giggled, which she rolled her eyes at.

Cyra: "Oh, ha ha. Very funny."

Raiden: *cheep*(using his voice collar) 'Now, come on! The others are waiting outside, so we can head out to the trip together today.'

Cyra: "Wait. Others? And where's Josh?"

Raiden: *cheep*(using his voice collar) 'Yeah! Team RWBY decided to tag along with us, and Josh is already with them.'