Ch.12 Jaunedice pt.2

3rd Pov

Brisa and the others had gone to Professor Oobleck's class after lunch. What they didn't expect was the fact the professor enjoyed his coffee way too much. Or the fact that whatever was in his mug during the lesson that made him look faster than anything she and the others had ever seen, though she still was fast as her G̷̯̦͒̇̀́l̶̙͙̲͖̃̓i̴̻̘̯̠̐̀́͑ͅt̴̳̻̥̺̅c̵̙̯̠̫͊͘ḧ̵͚͓́̀͐̓̊.

Meanwhile in one of the seats is a uninformed, sleeping Jaune with his head resting in his hands while the constantly-zooming and fast-talking professor is in the middle of his hyperactive lecture, educating Weiss, Blake, Raiden, Cyra, Pyrrha, a leaned-back Cardin, sitting directly behind Jaune, while Ruby, Yang, Josh, and the others are having other classes. So today, Brisa and the others are constantly sitting inside Professor Oobleck's classroom to study history. It's not like she really hated the subject, but she is quite interested in it.

Cyra Pov

Oobleck: "This is prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War!"

He suddenly zooms up to the front of the class and the map covered in papers behind his desk.

Oobleck: "Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie."

He points at the map of the said area with his stick to state his point as he then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk.

Raiden: *cheep*(using his voice collar) 'I wonder what's inside Professor Oobleck's mug... Maybe if I could just take a little sip from his beverage after class.....'

Brisa: "You're... weirding me out, Rai (Ray)...."

Cyra: "Yeah.... No kidding" (Shudders)

Oobleck: "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!"

He zooms around the classroom more, sipping his coffee again before continuing to zoom and talk.

Oobleck: "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

As Brisa and I would've expected, almost all of the Faunus students in the class put their hand up, Brisa included, some kept their hands down just to not attract the attention of Faunus-haters like Cardin and his team for example. What we clearly didn't expect, however, was that Faunus girl that Josh helped earlier, Velvet, happened to be in the same class as me and the others, and we only noticed her when she put her hand up to answer Professor Oobleck's question.

Brisa: "Hey, it's that Faunus girl Josh helped back in the cafeteria..."

Cyra: "I know. I sure hope she's okay, maybe we should check up on her after class. Just in case."

Brisa: "Fine by me...."

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!"

He takes another sip of his coffee, which made Raiden interested in what was inside the professor's drink more and more.

Oobleck: "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

Weiss and Brisa, as expected, shot their hands straight up to answer, and Oobleck nodded his head to Weiss.

Oobleck: "Yes?"