Part - 8

Carm yanked off the heavy flight suit gear,

Leaving the Olive colored undersuit for casual wear around base.

After crash landing the P-40 half a mile from Van Voorhis airfield, a truck came to pick them up.

By the time they got back to base, a second plane group was already flying.

Lieutenant Briggs already selected everyone's teams.

The air was filled with the sounds of plane engines in the far distance.

The P-40 was a decent plane, but Top Gun should have something a bit more enticing to go up against Chinese LA-9s and Yak-9s.

And the Japanese were absolute psychopaths with their ridiculous sports, producing functioning new replicas of World War II era vehicles, they would surely do the same with planes.

And reading up on what Hikōki-Dō was, the people that would be flying these planes would be complete madmen who were extremely skilled at their job to not crash or die or something by this point.

To fight these, Top Gun needs good planes.

There were F4U Corsairs, and at least one P-61 Black widow for planes so far.

An F4U-4 Corsair, (The model that was being flown) was perhaps one of the best planes to fly in World War II, surely it would be able to fight LA-9s.

But the numbers were what mattered,

One Corsair would not stand much of a chance against ten LA-7s, and would likely run out of ammo, if he didn't get shot down immediately.

———————————

Carm zipped up the zipper on his suit and headed back out into the hangar, still full of eager boys waiting patiently for their turn.

The boys were still eyeballing the sky, like it would kill them if they didn't.

Literally any plane that flew over would be practically shot down with how many holes were being stared into it.

By now, it was nearing Eleven O'clock and the sky was completely cloudless, providing perfect visibility.

*FREEEEEW!

*ZOOOOOOM!

A plane screamed over the hangar, and the boys started scrambling out of their chairs to look at it,

"Ooh! I think it's a Lightning!" One said.

Carm reached the hangar door, he looked up and got a good look at the plane.

It was in fact, a P-38 Lightning twin-engine fighter.