Part - 4

A Day later.

Carm had his supplies with him in 4 giant suitcases.

He was going to be gone for whole weeks, he'd need all the supply he could get his hands on.

ESPECIALLY at TOP GUN of all places.

Most of the time would likely be spent doing grueling flight training for hours on end.

Carm tried to distract himself from the large amounts of work ahead by thinking of all the different planes he was going to fly!

Since Hikōki-Dō was meant to be a World War II style sport, basically Sensha-dō but for planes, then he would be using World War II planes.

There was so many options to choose from!

Carm got slightly giddy just thinking of all the awesome planes he would get to fly.

The F4U Corsair!

One of the most iconic American fighter planes of World War II

Crazy fast, all versions of it could go past 420 miles an hour in straight flight.

Most versions would likely have six M2 .50 caliber machine guns, which provide a good balance of firepower and ammo carriage, however some versions could use four 20mm autocannons to increase firepower.

But those would likely not be the versions he was flying,

But since this is the US Department of Defense, they'd probably actually give children the best equipment, because if there's something Carm had learned in Sensha-Dō, it's that the US Military doesn't cut corners when giving deadly war-machines to kids.

But back to the F4U.

As for looks, the Corsair was easily distinguished from other planes by its gull-wings and big radial engine.

Radial Engines are air-cooled, while Vee or Inline Engines are Water-cooled

Radial engines are easy to spot from their giant open front ends that you could see all the machinery in.