Part - 18

(Ambient Engine noise) ⬆️

Pacific Ocean

25,000 feet ASL

____________________ ____________________ ____________________ ____________________

All three fighter groups from Top Gun were in transit and ready to go across the ocean, the first leg of the trip would be to the south, towards Edwards Air Force base in California, where the planes would be disassembled and made ready for transport to the Japanese home islands via C-5 Galaxy.

However, on this first leg of the flight, all teams were instructed to fly in formation.

Not a single valuable second of training would be wasted during the flight over.

____________________ ____________________ ____________________ ____________________

"All groups, this is mother goose. I need a report, I don't want to lose anyone." Lieutenant Briggs said over the radio

"Alpha group copies"

"Charlie is here"

"Bravo group, I hear you loud and clear mother goose, still in visual." Carm said over his radio.

"Mother Goose? Is that seriously best name they could come up with?" Devil stated

"Keep your gun safety on guys, don't want any friendly fire incidents." Carm said, staying level.

"Friendly fire? Why so worried now?" Devil said

"..."

.
.
.

A small bit of silence ensued, with only the sound of propellers to emit noise.

But you got used to the engine noise after a while, so it sounded pretty quiet.

.
.
.

"Miller here, Hey guys"

"What is it Miller" Carm said

"3 o'clock low"

Three O'clock low was down and to the right.

"Holy shoot!" Devil said

"I think that's Alpha group." Wild West stated

The reason for the shock was the witnessing of a large amount of fighter planes, with each flight of aircraft in a "V" shape, or "Vics" as they were called.