An Unnerving Conversation

Sunset

___________________________

Golden rays of light shot out in every direction, stretching across the horizon.

Illuminating the vast desert expanse.

Inside his office, Captain Barron knew what was about to happen

He took an initiative to create the Top Gun Juniors program using millions in Navy funding, he knew very well that his actions could very well get him buried in unwanted attention.

However he had to defend his case for keeping this program, he chose to.

*Creeeeeeeeek

"Captain, Vice Admiral Cain has arrived."

Captain Barron sighed deep

Time to see if he could win support from the vice admiral.

"Send him in" he said.

Vice admiral Cain was a supporter of new drone creation, such as the X-47B created in 2013,

While drones were certainly a futuristic technology that was becoming more and more realized with each passing day, the importance of future pilots was just as important.

The TOP GUNS would ensure a steady stream of experienced pilots, if not useful now, then definitely in the future.

"Captain Barron I presume?" A voice said from behind him.

Barron had been so deeply lost in his thought that the rear admiral entering the room never registered in his mind.

If his a## wasn't grass after this conversation then he should thank his lucky stars.

Barron turned around and tried to act as formal and polite as possible.

"Vice Admiral, it is an honor sir." Barron said,

"Enough with the pleasantries Captain, I came here for a specific reason." Vice Admiral Cain said, taking out a large and intimidating looking folder.