0.7

"Hey Mary," I heard a certain voice say behind me.

"Hi Tristan," I rolled my eyes and turned to him.

"Woah why the attitude pretty girl?" He smirked

"Because I don't like yours," I responded "Let's go find out which war we're doing so we can just get this over with,"

I stood up and we both walked to our  noteachers desk. He assigned us the Vietnam war.

"Hey so we're only working on this in class on Tuesday Thursday and Monday right?" Tristan asked me as more of a statement then a question.

"Yes, your point is?" I asked back

"Well it's a long project and we probably won't have time to finish it in class," he reasons making me sigh. "And I know you love getting straight A's which if our work isn't complete then you don't get an A."

"If this is your way of trying to get me to study with you out of school then you should know, the answer was already yes there's no need for you to talk so damn much." I tell him

"I mean if you insist," He smirks at me. "Here this is my address. Can you come over around 5:30?" He writes his address on a small paper and hands it to me.

"Yeah I can, let's start this a little bit now." I respond taking the piece of paper and putting it in my pocket. The rest of the period mostly consisted of ur bickering and getting a little bit of work done.

It was lunch now and I sat down waiting for Rory and then I felt a rap on my shoulder.

"BOO!!"

"AHH!" I screamed shutting my eyes until I heard Rory's laughter as she sat down next to me.

"That's not funny Rory!" I hit her arm lightly.

"So you heard about the history project? Who did you get partnered with?" She asked me pulling her sandwich out of her baggie.

"I got Tristan," I rolled my eyes "Who did you get?" I asked her shaking my container of salad.

"I got this girl Elizabeth I think we have her in our fourth actually." She answered

"No way, what do you think of her? I've heard some pretty nasty things about her," I tell her

"Well from what I've seen those nasty things are most likely true," She takes a bit of her sandwich with attitude making me laugh.

When we got home after school I changed out of my uniform and into normal clothes before walking to the kitchen.

When I walked in my mom was putting her ear against the floor and scoring around on her stomach.

"Mom? What are you doing?" I look at her weird behavior.

"Hey sweetie, come put your ear on the floor here." I did as she said and layer next to her with my ear on the floor.

"Do you hear them?" She asked after a few minutes of listening to the floor.

"I'm not a detective mom I'm gonna need more details than that," I giggle at her

"I think we have mice," She sat up wiping her hands on her legs. "I can hear them whiskering and walking."

"Whiskering is not a word mom." I roll my eyes at her

"Ok mrs dictionary definition what else would you call rats talking?" she asked raising her eyebrow at me.

"Well I don't know talking perhaps?" I looked at her like it was the most obvious thing in the world.