6.I promise

Next day, Arsh woke up early, did his morning exercise, took a shower and made chicken sandwiches for both of them before waking her up. She was surprised because after the initial week, she had taken the charge of breakfast and lunch while he cooked dinner. 

She shrugged her shoulders While taking a seat. While eating she could feel Arsh's gaze on her. When she looked at him, he passed her a glass of juice with a smile. "How is it?" He gestured towards the sandwich.

"Delicious," she replied, gulping down the remaining piece. 

"Do you want more?" 

"Nope, I'm done, thank you." She smiled at him gratefully before sauntering towards their room. 

They both got ready but before heading out Arsh indicated to talk about something. Frowning, she followed him to the living room. 

"What do you want to talk about?" 

"First promise me, you are not going to get angry and think about it rationally." He looked cautious. 

"Curious to make him spill the beans, she promised nodding frantically. "I promise."

"This is the last year of your college and I want you to do well in it." He paused and she nodded encouraging him to continue. "Look, I have been in your place that's why I'm saying this. Study and job together become hectic and you can't deny that."

Sahar had understood what he wanted to convey but she didn't want to live off of his money. He was right it was hectic but it was necessary. 

"I don't want to talk about it." She sounded adamant. 

"Sahar, if you would have been doing this job for fun I wouldn't have said anything. I am your husband and I am capable of financing your education."

"I think we shouldn't meddle into each other's businesses." She stood up with a jerk, cutting him off. 

"You promised me to think rationally about it." He held her wrist. "We are partners for life and if we do this," he pointed at her and then at him. "Your business and my business, we are just going to be trapped in a house like strangers." He pulled her towards himself and tucked the unruly hair strand behind her ear. "I want to build a home with you." He whispered in her ear and pulled her for a hug. "Please, let's work together, as a team." He pleaded while softly pecking her head. Sahar was caught off-guard first but as his words ringed in her head and his welcoming warmth engulfed her, she couldn't resist but give him a reply by wrapping her arms around him. She also wanted a home, with him. Hell, she longed for one. And in his arms, she felt she had found one. She smiled as she heard him whisper a thank you in her ear. 

***

"You should've let me get ready if you wanted to bring me here." She looked furious at him. Arsh had taken her out for a random long drive in the evening but suddenly he changed his mood and drove to one of the fine dine in the city and now as she sat waiting for the food, she felt underdressed. 

"It's alright Sahar, you look fine," he said after giving her a once over. 

He was such a liar, she knew she looked plain but anyways as the aroma of the food hit her nostril, she forgot about her appearance and dived into it right away. She was a foodie and to her pleasant surprise Arsh was a bigger foodie than her. 

After having a hearty meal, they returned home, content and happy. It had been a week since she had left her job and for the first time in her life after her father's death, she was at peace. The chaos in her head, gradually ceasing. 

Now she had a lot of time for herself and she was using that time in decorating her home, discovering new hobbies for herself and her favorite part, spending time with Arsh. Even though he had a quite busy schedule, he would take out time for her and take her on long drives, sometimes to ice-cream parlors, sometimes to dine outside, or sometimes for a walk, hand in hand. 

****

She was doing her assignment in the living room, while Arsh was cooking dinner while speaking to her every now and then. 

"Are you done with your assignment?" He asked plopping beside her. 

She looked up from the laptop. He looked tired. Few water droplets glistened on his temple, he must have washed his face after getting done with the dinner. 

"Yeah, I'm done." She said, wiping his temple with her dupatta. "You look tired, you didn't even let me help you."

He pulled her in for a hug. "You already cooked breakfast and lunch and also you needed to finish this assignment." He said tweaking her nose and then pecking it. 

"Can we watch a movie today," she asked while looking at him expectantly. 

"Of course," he replied while playing with her hair. "What do you want to watch?" 

"How about a rom-com ?" She asked enthusiastically and her face dropped as she saw him scrunching up his nose. 

"How about a thriller, we both like it?" She suggested again and he nodded. 

"But first I have a little work to finish." He groaned, rising up to his feet. "Let's have dinner first and then I will take half an hour to finish the work until then you can get done with your nighttime routine." She nodded at the feasible plan and stood up too. She was excited for the movie night because they haven't had any movie night until now. They have watched a few movies together on Sundays but it was in broad daylight, nothing romantic about the setup.

While Arsh worked in the room, she lit a few scented candles in the living room, arranged the cushions aesthetically, and also ordered for Pizza , French fries and cokes. Soon the parcel had arrived. Keeping them neatly on the table, she switched off the light. As Arsh stepped inside, he had stilled in his place as his gaze fell on his wife who looked ethereal in the candle light. Summoning his senses, he coughed to clear his throat. "Wow, you were serious about the movie night." He whispered while sauntering towards her. 

"Let's start." She plopped down and pulled him beside her, spread the blanket on them and then switched on the TV. 

Happy reading!!