11. She was scared

"Arsh, listen to me. Ars-" 

"-shut up, just shut up." He growled while throwing a murderous glare at her.

She sucked in her breath. She didn't know how to pacify him. She was ashamed. She was scared of his annger too.

As soon as they had arrived in the hospital, he had taken her to his father's ward, meanwhile telling Zoya that Seher was worried and wanted to meet Jafar so he had brought her.

He had said the same thing to his father. He sounded polite and no remnant of anger was left in him as soon as he entered the hospital.

But as soon as they exited the hospital after spending half an hour there, he was back to being extremely furious. She knew his anger was justified because she had said awful things to him and she wanted to apologise but he wasn't ready to listen to her. While deciding to wait until he was relatively calmer she sighed and leaned back on the seat. 

But she stiffened the second she saw him turning towards Firdous villa.

She was scared.  Her thoughts running haywire. Was he going to complain to Firdous about her foul mouth and the immature decision to leave the house at night without his knowledge? 

"I-I think you took the wrong turn." She looked at him cautiously. He didn't reply to her, instead, his grip on the steering wheel tightened, turning his knuckles white and his jaw clenched tight while lips pursed in a thin line.

He looked as if he was holding a raging storm inside him and it was taking everything in him to hold it back.

He pulled the vehicle into the driveway and retrieved her luggage from the trunk.

Her heart dropped in the pit of her stomach as it dawned upon her that he was here to drop her. He didn't want her now. The thought of the possibility of their relationship's demise plagued her mind. She dejectedly climbed out and followed him inside.

As she stepped in, she saw him hugging Farhan uncle and heard him say that he was there to drop Seher off because she was missing Firdous.

She could sense that he didn't seem angry. She was amazed at how easily he was able to shift his mood. 

Schooling her expressions she stepped in and greeted Farhan.

Farhan blessed him with an affectionate pat on her head.

It took her an extreme amount of energy to push back the tears.

Farhan led them to Firdous's room. It was even more difficult for her to pretend that all was well, nonetheless, she needed to try. Try to at least support the facade that Arsh was carrying so to not further anger him.

Arsh didn't even stay for half an hour. He left with an excuse of urgent work.

As soon as he left she jumped on Firdous and hugged her tightly while opening the dam. 

"I missed you." She implied her emotional breakdown on something completely different to avoid being interrogated and lectured. 

Right now she didn't need any lectures on what wrong she did. She knew what she did was wrong and she just wanted to cry over her idiocy. She had learnt her lesson and was ready to earn his forgiveness.

"I missed you too, honey." Firdous rubbed her back soothingly with her frail hands. 

After a minute of releasing the heaviness through her tears, she moved back. 

Firdous looked at her concerned. 

"Everything is okay, right?" 

She stretched her lips into a fake smile. "Yes, but how have you been?" She gave her a once over. "You look weak."

Firdous laughed at her analysis. "I look old, girl," she hit Seher's head playfully. "You can tell the truth." 

Seher hugged her with a pout. "Nani, I was telling the truth."

"Tell me about you and Arsh? Is he treating you well?" 

She nodded. It was true that he had treated her so well but she ruined it with her immaturity. Or maybe there was a little silver lining that she could save the beautiful bond that they shared. Maybe their bond was yet not ruptured. Maybe it was still intact with bruises and she needed to put some effort to heal it. She wished maybe… 

"Seher," Firdous shook her. "You okay?" 

She nodded with a smile.

"You seem a little off. Did you guys fight?" Firdous looked at her with scrutiny and she was almost about to spit it out but she remembered that Arsh acted as if nothing had happened which means he didn't want them to get involved and she should respect his choice.

"No, nani. I wasn't feeling well and also I'm here for the first time after marriage." she paused and looked around longingly. "It's weird."

Firdous nodded in acknowledgment. 

"Have you had dinner?" 

Seher gulped down the lump that formed in her throat remembering the dinner. 

"Yes," she whispered, blinking away the tears. 

Firdous started asking her about her studies and she kept answering her patiently.

As Firdous fell asleep and she laid down beside her, she remembered about Jasmine. She reached for her phone that was kept on the bedside table with an intention to message her. 

Her eyes widened as she saw her inbox filled with her messages instead. 

She was worried for her. 

Seher messaged and informed her about wellbeing. 

Jasmine might have been waiting for her messages because she instantly responded. 

With a promise to meet her the next day and tell her everything personally she shut down her phone. 

She wondered what Arsh was doing? She wondered why that girl tried to create misunderstandings between them? She wondered if that girl liked Arsh? 

But she was sure of one thing that Arsh was loyal to her. She was ashamed to accuse him of cheating. But the deed was done. And now only one thing that she could do to make the situation any better was by getting his forgiveness.
She tried to fall asleep while thinking of ideas to apologize to Arsh because he deserved a proper apology and she owed him this. She just wished that the damage that she did was repairable. Hopefully. Yes. 

Happy reading!!