- 👌🏾 -

When Zayn opened the door to Niall, he was gasping for air.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? That's not how you sounded on the phone. You were panicking and calling Harry a stranger and a stalker."

Zayn looked back at Harry and quickly looked away when he saw the way he was looking at him.

"Uh, yeah. I did that. But I was just tripping."

"You were doing more than tripping. You were talking so crazy I honestly thought you were going to do something drastic. Then on the way in the building, I saw the police and ambulance and I didn't know what to think. So I skipped the elevator and ran up five flights of stairs to get here."

He ran up five flights? No wonder he was out of breath.

"Come in and catch your breath, Niall." Harry said.

Niall did step inside.

"I'm sorry about Zayn today. I don't know what's going on with him. He called the police on me."

Niall looked at Zayn.

"And the ambulance?"

"The ambulance was for him. The police were for me." Harry corrected.

"Wow. What happened, Zayn?"

"I woke up from a deep sleep and I was confused. I don't know what happened. I didn't remember anything."

"Strange."

Just then, Hamilton and Harrison came running out.

"Niall!"

"Hey, guys how are you?"

"We're gonna eat smiley face pancakes."

"Mmm. That sounds delicious."

"You want some?"

"Why, thank you for offering, Harrison. That is so sweet of you. But I'm going to be headed back home soon. So I can't."

"Are you sure? I don't mind after you sped over here to check on us." Harry said.

"I'm sure. I don't want to intrude on your weekend. Plus Lena was still sleeping when I left and I know she's gonna be looking for me when she wakes up."

"Oh. Well, I guess we'll do it another time."

"Sounds good. And Zayn?"

"Huh?"

"Stay sane, please."

"Get out of here."

Niall laughed on his way out of the door.

After locking the door behind him, Zayn turned to Harry.

"Do you... need any help?"

"Nah, I'm good. You should go take a rest. You've had a pretty rough morning."

"Okay."

Zayn did go take a rest. But he didn't go far. He sat right down at the dining room table and watched Harry in the kitchen.

Although he was playing along ever since he saw those pictures, he still wasn't convinced this wasn't some elaborate hoax his friends were playing on him. He definitely talked to Niall yesterday no matter how many times he said he didn't. And he knew for sure that he Harry nearly hit him with his car. Now suddenly none of that ever happened and he was living a whole different life with Harry? He didn't buy it. And investigating was the only way to prove it.