- 7️⃣👐🏾 -

Over the course of the next few days, Zayn's father, mother, and friends came by to see him. In those visits, he learned that Liam and Louis were together and that their first date worked out really well as he'd hoped. He also confirmed with Niall that he and Lena split up and that he was looking for a place to stay. That really disappointed him because he hated that he couldn't actually be there to help him do that as he thought he was doing when he was "dreaming." But it was nice to see him and hear his voice.

His father was quite emotional when he saw Zayn. He cried pretty hard. Zayn didn't mind though. Seeing his father be vulnerable was normal and he appreciated that he wasn't too macho to show that side of himself.

Above all though, the one thing he looked forward to the most was seeing Harry. It may have seemed crazy after knowing why he was in the hospital in the first place. But he still enjoyed those visits for so many reasons.

While the love he felt for him in those "dreams" weren't real, it still felt real after he awakened. And it did teach him something. It taught him that he wanted to love and that he was very capable of it. It also taught him that he could look for it in Harry if that was something he was really interested in doing. And he sort of was.

Harry did not miss a day of visiting him over the next week. He continued to come by, sit with him and have hours of conversation with him at a time. He would hold his hand because he knew Zayn probably wanted a touch and he felt responsible for helping him feel better. Other times he would buy flowers for the room to remind him of what nature looked like.

Zayn couldn't lie. Regardless of whether it was all pity or not, he loved listening to Harry talk about his life and the things happening in it. He did remember a few things from his "dream." But he was also amazed at how much he didn't know about Harry's life.

Like how his sister Gemma was a lawyer now and that his mother was doing well and sent an apology card by her son when she heard what happened to him. He learned how Harry was actually gay. And it was a complete surprise although it shouldn't have been. He was just glad to have it confirmed because now he knew those sexual fantasies he was having about him weren't just delusions. Apparently his subconscious mind hadn't conjured that all up because it was something Harry told him when he didn't know he was listening.

Because they were having these types of conversations every day, Patricia didn't mind leaving Harry alone with him. So they could just talk and get to know each other well on a personal level but in a comfortable way. And Zayn obviously liked having Harry all to himself anyway. The second he walked in the room, he would always light up with excitement even though he couldn't physically jump for joy. And that was probably good anyway. Harry didn't need to know.

"Look at you. Looking better everyday." Harry said as he sat down in the chair he'd just pulled up beside Zayn's bed.

"Yeah, right."

"How are you feeling?"

"Much better than I did when I first woke up after five days of sleeping, I'll admit."

"Good. Ready to go home tomorrow?"

"Ugh, Yes. I'm so sick of this bed."

Harry smiled sadly.

"I know."

"So what have you been up to the last twenty four hours?"

"Nothing much. The same old thing. But I was just talking to your parents about your care before I came in."

"My care?"

"Yes. You're going to need someone to care for you whether you like it or not. You're pretty much immobile on one side. So you're going to be staying with your parents for a while and they'll have the help of a home nurse three days of the week."