- 🎱👐🏾 - (Final)

Although actually being in the pedestrian accident really did hurt, surprisingly that was the easiest part of it all. Having to be taken care of while going to therapy to learn to gain mobility in his limbs was hard. Very hard. And there were many days where he wanted to give up. Especially because of the results of being injured.

Because he couldn't go to work anymore, he ended up losing his job and had to give up his apartment. So he had to remain with his parents permanently. To make matters worse, what he thought would be a temporary disability turned into a permanent disability, meaning he couldn't ever return to work again, let alone construction work. Knowing how important it was for a man to be able to take care of himself, that was a major struggle for him. And it took him a while to get over it.

However, having his friends and family around to joke with did cheer him up. He loved Niall and Liam very much. And now that Louis was around, he loved him too. They were always great friends to him.

But no one could better his mood than Harry. Just like Harry promised, he still came by and visited him almost every day. Occasionally, he would bring the boys too. But mostly was just them sitting together, talking, eating meals together, and just enjoying each other's company.

Zayn would tell Harry personal things he never told him before and Harry would tell Zayn personal things he never told him before. They would joke with each other often and when Zayn was healthy enough, they would wrestle with each other gently so Zayn wouldn't get hurt.

They would take walks around his parents' neighborhood as a part of his home therapy. But when Zayn decided he didn't want to, Harry would find a way to make him go anyway. There was no time when his bribery methods didn't work. He had that kind of influence on Zayn.

One of his most influential briberies was promising to take Zayn out to dinner afterwards. Well today just so happened to be one of those days when Zayn didn't want to do his therapy. And Harry had him compromise by taking him out to dinner.

So they'd finished eating and were sitting at the table talking.

"Thank you for dinner." Zayn said.

"You're very welcome. Although I do get the feeling you like saying you don't feel like doing your therapy on purpose so that I can take you out to dinner."

Zayn smiled.

"You'll never know."

"And I'm not sure if I even want to."

He put his elbows on the table and clasped his hands.

"But anyway. I do have a question. One I've been wanting to ask you. But um.. I just never had the courage to actually ask you until now."

"Okay." Zayn said.

"Back when you were in the hospital, specifically the day you woke up from your coma. You said some things."

"I was kind of out of it. What kind of things?"

"About me and the things happening in my life. You knew about Harrison and Hamilton and the new house I'm in now. You knew about the Nintendo Switch I bought for the boys too. That was... pretty amazing."

"Oh. That."

"Not that I want to put you on the spot, but I was kind of just wondering how you knew all that. You were supposed to be in a coma. I didn't think you were able to hear me."

Zayn paused for a moment. Then he put his hands in his lap underneath the table. Here he'd been, the last nine and a half months with Harry, spending time with him and his children, enjoying their company. All the while, Harry didn't know how he felt about all of them. And honestly, Zayn was ashamed of that.