Chapter 6

The outer edge of the Mystic Woods are habited by witches.

Witches were banished from the kingdom years before Princess Sasha was born due to witchcraft.

Witches have been trying to trick citizens by showing off crystal balls with the citizen's greatest wishes and best lives.

Sasha's POV

I picked up the document stuck to the bottom of the trunk to examine it. When I flipped it over, I was stunned.

My birth certificate.

I traced my fingers over the cursive writing, revealing my both of my parents' names.

No! It can't be true! Not like this!

I felt my lips creating a frown while the millions of emotions rush through my head.

Anne stepped closer to me, trying to find out what I was looking at. "Sasha, what is it?"

"I-," I stuttered, but I needed to get the truth out there. "I'm not Grime's real daughter..."

Anne's mouth flung open as I held the paper up for her to take.

"Grime isn't my father." I repeatedly whispered to myself, sinking into the stone cold floor. "Grime isn't my biological father."

Why didn't he tell me? Am I even a princess? What if he isn't really the King of Amphibiland? Who am I? Where are my real parents?

I heard my heart beat in my ears while having an identity crisis. I clenched my chest as my breathing picked up.

"Sasha?" Anne kneeled in front of me, he hands on the floor. "What can I do?"

"Just hold me." I jumped at her, my face in her neck.

Her fingers slid across my back as she tried to make me feel better. I pulled back, gazing into her eyes down to her lips. She must've caught my drift because she started leaning in, and-

"Hello! Is someone down there?" One of the guards yelled down. Anne and I pulled away from each other, covering our mouths. We don't want the guards to find out about hiding two peasants in the castle.

We sat very still as we listened for footsteps. As soon as we heard them walk away, we rushed back to my room, acting as if nothing happened.

I can try acting as if nothing happened, but I can't let go of the thought that she almost kissed me.

Anne laid down on her pallet that we build on the back side of my bed, so if someone came in, they would not see her.

"Goodnight, Anne." I patted my pillow, covering myself up.

"Night, Sash." She grinned, snuggling up under her blankets.

Soon, Anne was asleep and lightly snoring.

She is super cute when she is sleeping.

I turned over, unable to sleep. I tried closing my eyes, but my thoughts were running in fifteen thousand different directions.

I wanna be a knight. I wanted Anne to kiss me. She was going to, but we got interrupted! I wanna know who my real parents are.

There are just so many things I want. I perched myself up, stretching my back and stepping out on the balcony from my room. I sighed, propping my elbows on the railing.

"I just wish things weren't the way they were." I dropped my head with dread.

"I can make that happen." Someone speaks behind me. It is a voice unfamiliar to me.

I turn around frightened to no one. "Who's there?"

"My my, girlfriend. Just think of us as those who made your dreams come true." I heard two different snickers closing in on me.

I was gonna go back in my room, but before getting to the door, someone in a black cloak popped from thin air.

I staggered backwards, bumping into someone else in yet another black cloak.

"Seriously, who are you guys? And how did you get past the guards?" I pointed, freaking out.

"Now if we told you that, where'd be the fun in that?" The taller one smarted off with a snarky tone in their voice.

"What do you want?" I surrendered, knowing they are going play this game.

"We just wanna help you with your wishes." They both removed their hoods and thier cloaks disappearing, revealing...

"You- you're witches!!" I managed to squeal out.

"Yeah, we get that a lot." The taller one responded. She had short black hair with sharp hazel brown eyes. She wore a greyish blue dress, accented with a black belt holding a lot of potion bottles, and gloves with the fingers cut out.

The smaller one was a frog like Sprig, but she was blue with white spots and pink hair. She wore a purple witch's hat and a black dress. She had intimidating yellow eyes and a creepy smile smeared on her face. "I'm Maddie, and that's my master, Marcy."

"I- uh I'm Sasha." I spoke carefully.

"Oh, we know who you are!" Marcy exclaimed, pulling out a crystal ball. "This shows people who are the most miserable in Amphibiland. You, in particular, have been showing up quite a bit lately." She approached me, lifting my chin. "What could a princess want that she doesn't already had?"

I bit the inside of my mouth, debating on spilling the beans. It was one thing telling Anne, but telling a witch.

I heaved, my breath hitching. "I want to know my real parents. I want to be a knight."

"Ah, I see." Marcy stepped back, waving her hands over her crystal ball. She held it up, showing it to me. "We can make all that happen with a snap of our fingers." Both of them smiled with spiky grins.

I squinted my eyes, staring into the ball. I saw myself in knight's armor, training along side dozens of other soldiers. I saw in the background two people that were unknown to me. I assume those were my parents. My real flesh and blood family.

"All of this could be yours." Both smirking at me, holding the ball for me to take.

"Isn't there some kind of twist with these kind of things?" I investigated, watching for any possible indicator of lying.

"Nope. What you see is what you get. It is everything you want. Being a knight and having your real parents there." Marcy continued to insist I take the crystal from her hand.

I reached out for the ball, taking it in my hands, "After living this life for twenty years full of lies, I could use this for myself and do something I have always wanted to do."

Marcy summons her staff, a grey staff with a large crow skull on top. "Alrighty, Maddie?" She joined hands with her apprentice.

Maddie snapped her fingers, and everything went black.

___________________________________

Sasha taking a deal? Sound familiar?

What do you all think will happen in Sasha's universe?

How we feeling about Marcy and Maddie? I saw someone guess Marcy was one of the witches. Great work!

I hope you all enjoyed.

-Whit