Chapter 13

Sasha's POV

-Several Months Later-

"You look outstanding, dearie!" Braddock popped, looking over my shoulder into the mirror of the dressing room.

"Pffffft," I denied, feeling like it was too much. "You sure? I feel like it might be over kill."

"Nonsense! It really suits you!" She bragged, giving me a light punch. "Plus, I think Anne will love it too!"

My face instantly became red all over, feeling all tingly inside. "Braddockkkk!"

She choked out a loud laugh, unable to contain herself. "You should have seen the look on your face!"

I thought for second on how I could possibly get her back. It hit me, "What about your date with Percy tonight, huh?"

Her face turned red as a beet, "Fine, you got me. Happy now?"

I shook my head. "Yes, yes I am."

"You who? Are we ready now?" Grime come trudging through the red curtain with his good eye covered.

"You can remove your hand, I'm all set."

"Woah! You look great!" He exclaimed with joy.

"Um Braddock? Can we get a moment alone please?" I kindly asked as she left the room.

"Of course." She disappeared out of the curtain out of sight and range.

"What's the matter? You look like you have something on your mind. Oh no, is it the party? I knew we should have waited til the full moon." He rambled on.

I stopped him before he could continue. "No no, it isn't that. I have done some thinking over the course of the last few months. You have been a good father to me, and I think I'm ready."

"What are you saying, Sasha?" His concern and fear in his voice.

"All I am saying is I wanna start calling you, dad." I admitted plainly.

"Dad?" He muttered repeatedly to himself. Tears began to shed from his eye as he pulled me into a rather long hug, but I was okay with it.

He snuff and sniffed, pulling himself together as he released me. "Let's go! Time to go get your girl!"

I playfully slapped him, trying not to laugh. "Keep your voice down."

"Right, right." He snickered with excitement.

Step after step, we made it down to the ball down stairs. It wasn't one of dad's normal parties. This one was just a normal serve appetizers with music and dancing. Nothing more.

Actually I take that back. I was hoping to officially ask Anne to be my girlfriend.

I pan the room until my eyes are caught on Anne from across the room. She had a long dress with shades of blue all over and a shear shoulder piece.

She was absolutely stunning. No one could remotely compare to her in my eyes.

Dad gave me a light shove, holding two thumbs up. "Good luck." He whispered.

I steadily made my way towards Anne as my hands became sweaty.

"H- hi," She stuttered. "You look really nice."

"Thank you. You as well!" I leaned back and forth, thinking.

Ask her to dance! Then, you can ask her to be your girlfriend!

"Lady Anne, would you like to dance with me?" I bowed down, making the most of the moment.

She chuckled, taking my hand. "Lady Sasha, I would love to dance with you."

I pulled her, planting one hand on her waist while one of her hands rested on my shoulder. With our free hands, I tangled our fingers together.

The music tempo slowed down as we glided on the dance floor.

"This is perfect. You. Me. Dancing. Together." Anne snuggled into my chest.

"There is only one thing that could make things better." I suggested.

She leaned back, a questionable look in her eye. "And what's that?"

I took a large deep breath, taking both of Anne's hands in my own. "Anne, you are an amazing person. I will admit that something told me you were special from the day we met all those months ago in the woods. You are part of my family, and the best person to walk in my life. Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Of course, you doofus!! I would love to be your girlfriend!" She jumped into my arms as I picked her up and spinning her around.

I put her down as our foreheads lay against each other. I looked into those dark hazelnut eyes. She wrapped arms around my neck and mine on her hips.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." I compliment.

"You too." She returned.

I glanced at her lips back to her eyes. "Can I- I kiss you?" I inquired for consent, not wanting to be a jerk.

"I was just about to ask the same thing. Since you are asking though, yes you can." She replied, smiling.

I carefully pushed my lips to hers. She happily returned as our lips moved perfectly together in a long, slow tender kiss.

I backed off a bit, wanting to just hold each other for as long as time will allow.

She isn't just some ordinary peasant girl. She is my strong, kind, and witty girlfriend. Definitely wouldn't change a thing.

___________________________________

The End.

Thank you, my lovely readers! You guys are the bomb! I appreciate you all!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this tale.

-Whit