Chapter 4

General Yunan, the first and only woman that served a part of King Grime's knight forces. She was ranked General very early compared to her male counter parts. 

She lead our forces to victory during the Great Sand Wars, and took down Ragnar the Wretched singlehanded. It was rumored that she was King Grime's finest soldier, and that she had an affair with Mistress Olivia.

No one is one hundred percent certain whatever happened to her as she disappeared many years ago.

Sasha's POV

I ushered Anne to the shower room, allowing her to get the mud from all the years of being in the woods cleaned off. As soon as she was freshened up, I lent her one of my spare pajama gowns. Braddock was usually always ahead of washing my clothes.

I approached the bathroom, straightening up things and running a new warm bubble bath for Sprig. He rushed me out, slamming the door as quiet as possible behind me.

I watched awkwardly stood at the edge of my bed, feeling her smooth arms. "Wow, so this is what it feels like to be cleansed of twenty year old muck. I could get used to being this squeaky clean. Thanks for letting us crash and the pajamas, Sasha. Or should I call you like 'your majesty' or something like that?"

"It is absolutely no problem," I lied, knowing father would never approve of some random peasant and her friend staying in the castle. "And Sasha is perfectly fine. Don't get to be treated like a normal person very often."

I peeked outside my bedroom door, gesturing for Anne to follow close by. We dashed to a nearby closet that held extra blankets and pillows. "We just got to grab enough for you and Sprig to sleep on."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow come closer to the edge of the hallway. I became to panic, so I shoved Anne into the closet before she could ask questions and tossing a blanket over her head.

"Sasha?" My father advanced forward towards me. "What are you doing up here?" 

"Umm, just looking for more blankets." I struggled to splurge out the fib.

He gritted his teeth, grumbling. "You were supposed to stick around the ball, tonight. I really hoped you would find 'the one' tonight." He ran a hand through his thin and fading hair.

"I know," I felt ashamed of myself. "I ju- just don't like any of the guys that have attended the royal balls. They are all just so serious or putting on a show about running a kingdom. I don't like the royal party things. I hate the fancy dresses."

His expression turned concerned, as his right hand rests on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. But hey, there is always next time!"

I felt my blood boiling under my skin.

What!? Did he seriously not take my feelings into account after I was vulnerable about these dumbass parties? Of course! Once again, my feelings do not matter to him.

"I have already scheduled the next ball a few days from now!" He grinned, but it just appeared evil in my eyes.

I tried to hold back my anger, but I let it get the better of me. I slapped his hand off my shoulder, "Are you kidding me?"

"Now Sasha, why would I joke about something like that?" He remained shocked that I swatted away his hand. "I don't understand why you are so upset anyways!"

I raised my voice at him, unable to contain the rage in my soul. "BECAUSE I HATE BEING A PRINCESS!" Realizing that I screamed, "Forgive my yelling, father. Look, I keep trying to tell you that I don't wanna be queen in the future, but you don't listen."

"What was that? I was thinking about new ways to decorate the ball room." He dared to focus on my words.

"Just forget it!" I gave up, pointing back down the hallway. "It is time you go to bed, father. Don't forget to take your night time medicine. If you need help, call for Percy."

He acted as if he was gonna say something, but he shook it off and proceeded to stride away out of sight.

I opened the compact sized closet, and Anne tumbled out. She rose to her feet, flattening out her gown. "A little warning next time would be nice."

I could not help, but let out a giggle. "I'm sorry, I just cannot let father see you or Sprig. He will be very angry, but at the same time, I don't know if he would even notice. It isn't like he pays attention to my feelings anyways."

"Yeah, I may have ease dropped on yours and your father's conversation. I did not mean to, so please do not be upset at me." She pleaded for forgiveness.

I felt like I sounded cold, "I am not mad at you, just mad at him for not taking my feelings into consideration about any of this."

Anne grabbed a few blankets, and I snatched a few pillows. We grew closer to my room when she inquired, "What inspired you to be a knight if you don't mind me asking?"

I made a halt in front of a portrait on the wall. "Her," I pointed at the golden frame with a picture of a pale woman with really short blonde hair, yellow tinted brown eyes, wearing the old knight suits, and her vivid badges.

"Who is she?" Anne asked. I obviously did not expect her to know since she has lived in the woods her entire life, but it still surprises me when someone does not know the lady in the photo.

I dropped the pillows in hands, becoming easily hyper fixated on explaining. "This is General Yunan! She was only the greatest soldier in the Kingdom of Amphibiland! I never met her personally, but she was awesome! She was the highest ranked soldier of all time, and she was a woman!" I grazed my fingers over the frame, grinning. "I wanted to be just like her, but that will never happen because I am a damn princess."

Anne's brow crinkled with worry in her voice, "Sasha, are you okay?"

I wanted to shrug it off, but I couldn't. I shook my head back and forth. "To be honest, no. I am not okay because I don't want to be this fancy, high powered princess," tears began falling as I sobbed hard.

Anne dropped the blankets in her hands, and wrapped me into a hug. I continued to weep into her shoulder.

...

Third Person POV

"The foot prints lead to the castle, master." The trainee ceased at the border of the woods.

The trainer came behind them with a dark grey staff with a large crow's skull on top, scaling the size of the castle. "Hmm, looks like we are dealing with a sneaky princess. I can work with that." They smirked, complimenting their learner.

"Now the real fun can commence."

___________________________________

DA DA DUMMM!

Anyone have any guesses of who the two strangers are?

I am having a blast writing this story. The creative juices are definitely flowing because the words for the story are literally pouring out of me, proving I have posted four days in a row.

I hope you guys enjoyed.

-Whit