003. family dinner

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ lover of mine.

003. family dinner

╔═══════════════╗

STELLA CONKLIN'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

Our dinners in Cousins were on the more hectic side of things we did every summer. Someone was always fighting over something, or ot was just loud with everyone catching up. 

Steven and Jeremiah were laughing at something on Steven's phone. 

"What's so funny?" I turn to Conrad and lower my voice so the two other boys don't hear me. 

"Dumb stuff ell," He sounded tired, so i didn't push it any further.

"Steven. I swear to god if you look at that phone one more time, i'm putting it in the screen basket," Mum says to Steven, who will not put his phone away. 

"It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces," Susannah adds on to what mum says, looking at the boys and taking a sip of her water. 

"Can dinner be a screen free zone? You know, like the olden days," Susannah says again, my mum laughs in return. 

"Steven!" Jeremiah says to him, taking his phone and throwing at the basket, making it in too. 

"Sude are you kidding me?" Steven getting mad. 

"Boom! Nailed it" Jeremiah starts flexing, trying to show off the muscles he worked so hard on.

"Damn Jere, showing off now are we?" i laugh at him when he sits back down, he glares at me trying not to laugh. 

"Okay, okay, okay, we get it you've been working out," Steven starts poking fun at Jere, stealing my joke. 

"Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a better body then you." I reach over the table and high-five belly. 

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now," Steven sounding dumb as hell but we all let him continue, "Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits." Steven sounding even more serious then before. 

"Tailored suits," Conrad laughs from beside me. I crack a smile at him and looks at me and sends one right back.

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" Steven now turns to Conrad at the end of the table. Conrad's smile falls and his mood instantly changes. 

"Uh, he quit football." Jere answers for him, con not wanting to answer. Conrad called me when he first quit, it was around the same time him and Aubrey broke up a few months ago and he just needed someone to talk to. He had only been playing football to please his dad, and they aren't getting along at the moment. I reach under the table and squeeze his hand, just to let him know i'm right here. He squeezes my hand back and keeps hold of it under the table.

"Wh-wait really? you quit?" Conrad just mumbles an 'mm-mhm' back, no words coming out of his mouth. 

"Are you kidding me, man? I'd kill to play college ball," Steven's voice seems sad and disappointed.