025. the end of our summer

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ lover of mine.

025. the end of our summer

╔═══════════════╗

STELLA CONKLIN'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

Conrad and I had gone to bed for a few hours to catch on the missed sleep we had had this past week. We woke up around 7 and decided to go and sit on the beach. It was always so lovely in the mornings and it had sort of become our thing this summer.

We would definitely get into huge strife if our mothers found out we walked down to the beach so early in the morning. But we had fallen asleep in our clothes from last night and weren't bothered to get changed, they were comfy enough to walk there and back, we would be fine.

Walking with our hands locked tightly together, we shared a few glances as we made our way down the beach. We both weren't ready to leave each other, especially not everything that had been brought up in the last 24 hours.

Conrad sat down halfway down the beach, I took my spot next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. He left his hand laying on my thigh, just drawing circles as the waves crashed against the shore.

"Those waves would be good surfing this morning," Conrad says quietly.

"Oh yeah? should've brought your surfboard down here with us,"I laugh as I cup his jaw in my hand and bring his face down to mine. "You still owe me that lesson."

We shared a kiss, one that had been different from all the other ones this summer, it felt needed in a different way. a reassuring kiss.

"I love you, forever and always," Conrad pulls away and makes his forehead rest on mine.

"I love you too, Con."

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before I lifted my head on his shoulder and turned to face the ocean.

"Will we survive long distance?" I asked worriedly, I didn't want to lose him after everything.

"Yes. Of course we will,"Conrad brings my face into his hands and kisses my cheeks, " I love you okay? We can get through anything."

I nod and smile and stand from our spot. I walk down the beach until I feel the water on my feet and the sand getting dragged out from under my toes. Arms are wrapped around my waist as Conrad stands behind me as the waves crash up against the bottom of our legs, saturating the bottom of my dress and his suit pants but we didn't care.

All we cared about was that we were together at that moment.

"You're the only thing that I think I got right this summer," Conrad says, placing numerous kisses down my neck.

"Is that so?"

author's note;

second last chapter🥺

[ don't forget to vote and comment! ]