34

Lorenzo's POV

I will marry her and I will be the father of her child.

I .... love her.

While walking to Hope's room my man stops me:

"Sir, we have a problem in our base in Afganistan. They attacked us, and almost all of our men died"

"Let's go to conference room. Gather all my men because we have to do something about it."

I start walking angry

"Sir, there is one more thing..."

"Louis... He didn't make it"

"No," I scream angry

"Fuck, I knew it would end badly, but he still insisted to go there."

I need to talk to Hope about our future at dinner tonight, I know she can wait until the dinner

After dinner I will tell her how I feel and ask her to marry me.

Hope's POV

This will be the last dinner with Lorenzo before I ran and never see him again.

A tear drops on my cheek.

I see Lorenzo and he is very handsome tonight. I am jealous of how many women are around him, still he looks like he is not interested in talking with them.

When he sees me he comes to me

"Welcome beautiful" He kisses my hand

"Hi" I smile.

Yes I am angry but he is so cute, I can't.
Looking in crowded dancing hall I see someone very familiar.

"Popeye, Is it really you?" I scream

"Hope?"He says in shock

I ran to him and hug him.

Popeye is my uncle that I last saw when I was a baby. He was never home and he didn't get along with my mother. He hated her. After my father died he didn't come back not once to see me. He is my father's brother. I always wondered why he didn't come to save me, he knew how my mother was with me. But I understand him, I guess.

Dinner was unbelievably delicious. I excused myself to go to the bathroom. At the same time I stand up my uncle stands up from his chair too. He is on my right side. Suddenly I hear a gunshot. I turn around to find my uncle was shot. People screaming, everyone is scared and I scream running to my uncle.

I started crying hard, My hands shaking still in shock what happened.

Lorenzo's POV

Who the fuck had the balls to ruin my perfect night.

All my men were at this dinner. How could someone come in that we didnt see.

I scream for my men to search who shot him.

Running to Hope, Suddenly I hear another gunshot. I turn to see Hope was shot.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO" I scream

Fighting everyone to come to her.
She will not die.

Everyone evacuated and I took Hope to my best private hospital.

She will not die.
I keep saying it in my head.
Crying, screaming I can't handle it all.
Too much pain, I would do anything to be in her place. So she would be alive.
I don't deserve to live, She does.