Separated - 9

"Wow. You two do look like twins, eh?" A man with a heavily receding hairline spoke.

The two exchanged a glance before Tangerine spoke up.

"Yeah. We got the case, now what?" He sighed, his patience running thin.

"You'll still take the train to Kyoto Station." The man said, taking a step forward.

"Mmhm. Yeah, we'll do that." Tangerine said, preparing to board the train again.

"Hey, have you ever opened the case?" The man said, gesturing towards it.

"Course not. Never asked for the fuckin' combination. Can we go now?" His accent thickened as his eyebrows furrowed.

"And so no one gets greedy..." The guy that we had now come to find out was named Ladybug started in a horrible accent.

He randomly slipped his hand against the lock of the briefcase, turning it to a random number.

Tangerine could feel his body heat up as the briefcase fell open, a bunch of women's undergarments falling out of it.

Tangerine and Ladybug exchanged glances, then looked at the man in front of them, before running into the train as fast as they could. Thankfully the door shut before the other side could catch them.

"What the hell was that?!" I shouted, giving Ladybug a glare.

"I'm sorry... I have this bad luck thing." Ladybug sighed as he rubbed his neck.

"Oh? Bad luck. That's what you fuckin' call it?" Tangerine growled.

"Why did you even bother with that?" I sighed.

"I was trying to sell it!"

Tangerine and I looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Well I don't think they're in the market for fucking dildos and pantyhose, are they?"

"Ohh but they were buying it!" He continued.

"Oh they were buyin' it?" Sure they was." Tangerine replied sarcastically.

The two of them leaned against the opposite walls of the train, as I stood next to Tangerine, using my handkerchief as I tried to clean the small amount of blood off of my tessen. I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me from above, burning into the top of my head.

  Tangerine was watching Cherry attentively as she cleaned her tessen with such care. Her pointer and middle finger slipped over the cold metal, staining her pink handkerchief with splotches of blood. He couldn't help but feel envious of the weapon as she ran her fingers against it so gently. Quickly, he realized how idiotic he was for thinking such things, and pushed it out of his mind. He didn't understand why he felt so drawn to her. They'd only met a few hours ago, but he felt like he had known her for an eternity, and wished he really had.

  "Tang? Something wrong?" I asked as I caught his eyes on me again.

  Carefully I slipped my tessen back into my ponytail, looking up at the dark haired male with a confused expression.

  "I'm fine, Love." He nodded, crossing his arms.

  The three of us stood in silence for a moment until Ladybug spoke up.

  "You know what's waiting for us in Kyoto?" He asked Tangerine.

  Tangerine nodded his head with a hum.

  "Then we should just get off of this train right now." He suggested.

  "If you think I'm gettin' off this train without Lemon or the case, you're mistaken." Tangerine growled.