Reunited - 12

"Lemon!" My face lit up as I smiled, relieved to see that he was okay.

"God.. don't ever do that shit again. About gave me a heart attack that did." Tangerine sighed in relief, masking his worry behind a disappointed look.

"Yeah, thanks bruv. Missed you too." Lemon groaned, rolling his eyes.

The three of us sat there in silence, thinking of what to say next.

"Holy shit, you okay?" Lemon said suddenly, looking at me.

"Huh..? I'm fine." I nodded, assuming he noticed the bandages wrapped around my stomach.

"I wouldn't exactly say you're fine." Tangerine sighed, crossing his arms.

"Seems like I missed a lot while I was out." Lemon said as if he had just been taking a nap.

"Yeah.. sure could've used an extra hand." Tangerine said as he rubbed his temple.

"Don't be rude." I replied, nudging him with my elbow.

"But Lemon," I began as he turned to me,"How did you know where to find us?"

He put his fist to his chin before he began to speak.

"Woke up to that scruffy lookin' homeless guy," he began, making Tangerine's eyebrows furrow,"There was also some old man with him. No idea who though."

"And?" Tangerine urged him to continue.

"Scruffy told me that I could find you somewhere down this way. Never told me what happened though. I think I can make a guess, though."

I looked down at my stomach and sighed. As much as I tried to forget about it, I was still in a ton of pain.

Tangerine and Lemon were looking at each other with an odd expression. I figured they were communicating in some telepathic way. The sun was now shining just over the horizon, making me squint as the orange light hit my eye.

"As much as I hate to admit it... I think it's best if we go meet up with him. Safety in numbers, right?" I suggested, breaking the silence.

Tangerine let out a groan of annoyance. I could tell that just thinking about Ladybug was enough to get his blood boiling.

"I know we're not his biggest fans... but safety is our top priority now." I continued with a sigh.

"She's right, bruv. With the way the three of us are injured right now, there's no way in hell we can make it out of here on our own." Lemon agreed.

At his brother's agreement, he caved and nodded his head reluctantly.

"I guess you're right, Love." He sighed, standing up into the aisle.

I followed, groaning at the pain that followed when I stood up.

"Suppose this is gonna leave a mark.." I scoffed.

"Seriously? That's what you're worried about?" Tangerine replied as he held out his arm for me to grab onto.

"Ow.. Don't grab me so hard." He complained as I squeezed his arm.

I could feel Lemon's eyes on the back of us.

Lemon couldn't help but grin at the two. He had never seen his brother act so soft, yet here he was, letting Cherry lean on his arm to keep her balance steady. It didn't go unnoticed how the two seemed to be acting differently. Both of them seemed to be softer to one another. He couldn't tell if it was from the blood loss of all three, or if they were all finally settling as a team. He hoped it was the second idea.