Ash and soot have covered it up

The storm seemed to quell as they approached their destination, Lucid was given fairly basic instructions, Scare him, So Gabriel save him and prove that he was the true savior, The false angel promised not to lay a finger on him.

Lucid expected to be thrown to the ground like the last time.

Instead he was lowered gently to the ground, In the distance he saw a man who stood infront of a tall and imposing cathedral, The angel felt a pair of hands nudge him forward, He turned his head back to see Gabriel smiling with an aura of impatience.

It's time.

Lucid gulped as he trudged forward with slow and unsteady steps on the uneven grass due to their current location being on a hill.

It was so dark, It scared him, The angel's gut twisted with an uneasy feeling, Like something bad was going to happen.

The man turned around, Lucid couldn't see his eyes as he wore dark sunglasses. "O'brien? Is that you."

Lucid froze, Swallowing down the rest of his dread in the moment, He choked out a small. "yes..?" 

"You sound different than on the phone." The angel took another step forward, Into the light, He noticed an odd expression graze the face of the man before a realization that caused the stranger to cower.

Lucid could imagine Gabriel's satisfaction at this, The true angel didn't like it, But if it was just scaring someone a bit, He'd much rather do that than actually hurt them, He opened his wings.

The man's breath hitched as he backed away. 

"You really are a fool..." The angel taunted.

Lucid never intentionally made others fearful of him, He never wanted to, The angel was being careful, If he said or did too much, He could drive this poor guy MAD.

He let his jaw fall slack, Letting it unhinge to imitate what most found frightening about his older brother, Lucid felt so guilty for doing this.

"Huh!? O'Brien!??" The other cried, Confused and scared as he fell back, Lucid quickly closed the distance between the two of them, Towering over the helpless being of humanity, The angel leaned down and started to whisper.

His trembling made Lucid feel more guilty.

A shadow fell over him, Followed by a booming voice. "BE NOT AFRAID, It is I, The archangel Gabriel, Your true savior! I shan't let this detestable fiend threaten you any longer!" Gabriel turned to him. "Begone foul creature, In the name of the lord!" 

The angel took this as a cue to flee, Judging that he didn't receive a negative reaction from said true savior, He guessed this was the right choice.

Lucid waited in the dark, Near the bottom of the hill, He worried as he fixed his lower jaw back into place, Gabriel said he wouldn't hurt that man, But when has he ever kept his word, When has he ever not broken a promise, Before he could continue to over think, A voice spoke to him.

"I'm curious." It belonged to a new figure Lucid could see it in muted colors in the dark, It looked like a teenager like Adam and Jonah.

The aura told him that it was an alternate, He could tell that it was wearing a formal suit of sorts.

"Howww does a pathetic fool like you think you can get away with tricking the lord Gabriel?? He probably knowsss!! He's luring you into a false sense of security!! Who gives you the rrriGHT!?" It slurred angrily. 

Lucid stepped back, The alternate stepped forward, This repeated for what felt like minutes rather than seconds, All while the angel tried to plea his case.