CHAPTER SEVEN: ROADBLOCK

So, we're walking. We were about an hour away from Sydney DRIVING however our car ran out of fuel and the nearest servo is like 30 km from here. So we had to walk there and pray that there was a car there.

Mahala: Argh my legs hurt.

Zaiden: Dude I'm pretty sure everyone's legs hurt right now.

Chenaya: I can't tell if this is a stitch or period cramps ow.

Mahala: Probably both.

Zaiden: Lovely.

River: Say lovely one more fucking time.

Zaiden: Calm down Jesus.

Mahala: Jesus isn't here why does he need to calm down?

Zaiden: The fuck was that joke bro?

Mahala: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

While Mahala lost her soul cackling, I looked up the road and saw a town nearby.

Zaiden: Guys look.

Mahala: Oh, fuck yeah we can get back to driving.

Chenaya: This is definitely more than a stitch.

Mahala: I have stitch too Chenaya don't worry.

Chenaya: Did you listen to a word I said?

Mahala: Yeah why?

River: Y'all shut the fuck up let's just go before the zombies catch up and we see musty ass Bailey again.

Lord I suddenly remembered the two armies of zombies following behind. I wonder how long it would take them to catch up to us. I looked behind me and...

Zaiden: AH SHIT!

Chenaya: What now?!

Zaiden: THE ZOMBIES ARE PRETTY FUCKING CLOSE!

Everyone turned around and realized the gravity of the situation.

River: I told you.

Zaiden: WE NEED TO START RUNNING!

I knew we could outrun the zombies but most of the group couldn't run right now. Chenaya's cramps were clearly getting worse and Mahala was panting, already exhausted.

Mahala: I'll distract them while you guys get away.

Zaiden: No. Come on guys just push through the pain we can get to the town if we hurry.

Then Chenaya doubled over, grimacing in pain, and Mahala collapsed onto the road in exhaustion. I looked hopelessly back at the incoming hoard of zombies, knowing we might not be able to get away.