Chapter 12 | Mercy & Namek

Remember... When I said in the Nappa & Vegeta Arrive Chapter when I mentioned Leon made two shocking wishes!? One's about to Arrive in this battle :P

---Ends: Saiyan Saga---

---Begins: Namek Saga---

---Narrator---

Beginning the fight against a heavily damaged, but still very capable Vegeta! Goku concentrates all of her energy into a Kaio-ken x3, raising her power level to over 24,000, which worries King Kai. In this form, Goku gains the upper hand, and forces Vegeta to use one of her signature attacks. Flying straight up into the air, Vegeta powers up and unleashes her Galick Gun at Goku and the earth. Unable to move for fear of letting the blast hit the earth, Goku charges up to Kaio-ken x3 again and launches her own Kamehameha at Vegeta. The two blasts collide intensely, and Goku finally gains the upper hand by stepping up her Kaio-ken to x4. The Kamehameha overpowers Vegeta, who goes flying into the air. However, this leaves Goku's body devastated. Yajirobe, who had been hiding nearby the entire time, comes out to congratulate Goku, however when Goku says Vegeta is not defeated, he quickly hides again. Up in the air, Vegeta is enraged that Goku was able to surpass her and decides to transform into a Great Ape, however she discovers that the moon is gone. She flies back down to the ground and creates a Power Ball, that simulates a small moon at the cost of a significant amount of Ki. Vegeta then transforms into a Great Ape, however, unlike Goku or Gohan, she is able to remain in control of her body. Vegeta states that when a Saiyan transforms into a Great Ape, it multiplies their power ten-fold, and thus attacks Goku mercilessly.

During this time, a shocked Goku has an extended flashback of her adoptive grandfather warning her of a monster outside during a full moon, Kami contemplating cutting her tail off, and finally remembers herself as a Great Ape destroying both Emperor Pilaf's castle and the stadium at the World Martial Arts Tournament, realizing that she was the one who destroyed both and crushed her grandpa to death. Goku manages to blind Vegeta with a Solar Flare and then attempts to create a Spirit Bomb, however Vegeta discovers it and shoots a Mouth Blast at her, causing her to lose most of the Spirit Bomb energy. Then she crushes Goku's legs, leaving her paralyzed and unable to fight, and proceeds to crush her in her gigantic hands. Gohan and Krillin notice the strange power ball and rush back to aid Goku. Upon arriving, Gohan distracts Vegeta while Krillin uses his Destructo Disc to try and cut off Vegeta's tail. Vegeta senses the attack and dodges it. Yajirobe, however, proves himself to be useful by cutting off Vegeta's tail himself. Vegeta reverts to normal and is obviously upset. Vegeta decides to attack Gohan, but Krillin intervenes, and is quickly disposed of. Goku calls Krillin over to her and tells Gohan to fight Vegeta. Gohan holds his own but is clearly outclassed.

Goku hands off the remaining energy she gathered in forming the Spirit Bomb to Krillin, and King Kai tells her telepathically to throw the Spirit Bomb at Vegeta when the moment is right. Vegeta backs Gohan into a corner, and Krillin is about to throw it, however Yajirobe yells at Krillin for waiting so long. Vegeta hears this and manages to avoid the Spirit Bomb, and it heads right towards Gohan. Goku telepathically yells for Gohan to bounce it off, since the ball cannot hurt those who are pure of heart. Gohan succeeds, and sends the ball hurling back at Vegeta, who, having just evaded it once, has no time to react a second time. The ball hits her squarely and she is sent back into the air again. Gohan and Krillin gather around the paralyzed Goku. Suddenly, Vegeta's body falls from the sky. Krillin comments that she's dead, although Vegeta is indeed still alive, albeit with power greatly diminished. Vegeta attempts to defeat everyone with a giant energy explosion, but it does little and only leaves her drained. She goes after Gohan when she realizes to her horror that Gohan's tail has grown back. Fearing what would happen if Gohan were to look at the Power Ball she created, Vegeta attempts to kill Gohan. Yajirobe attacks the Saiyan with his sword, but this only distracts Vegeta for a moment, and Vegeta lashes out at the cowardly Yajirobe, knocking him into some mountains. Goku, telepathically, tells Gohan to look at the sky, which Gohan does, much to Vegeta's dismay. Gohan transforms into a Great Ape, and, while initially attacking everything, begins to concentrate only on Vegeta with his mothers's voice.