Chapter Nine

Aurora's POV:

We woke up at 7:30 a.m. the next morning and he won't tell me why. "Remember how you always wanted to go to a carnival?" He asked me. I nodded my head yes. "Well good because the fair is here and we are going." But I didn't believe him. At least not until we pulled up at it and walked through the gates. "Wow." I said. "You're the best!" I told him.

He pulled me away from my island of amazement and towards the Ferris wheel. I tried fighting him the best I could, but he picked me up and threw me over his shoulders. We walked up and got into a seat. As the instructor closed the bar down I begged Ethan not to make me. I knew I had already lost because he smirked. The ride was awful besides the fact I held onto him for dear life. When we got off I needed help to walk because the heights scared the shit out of me.

After about four hours at the carnival we got some cotton candy, wind about a dozen animals, had our picture take on a film roll, and rode rides to help my fear of heights. "I couldn't ask for anything better." I said while letting cotton candy dissolve in my mouth. "Yes you can Princess!" He replied in a melancholy tones. "No I can't. I have fallen head over hills for you and was too afraid to tell you. You have always been there for me, you never let me down, and you love me even though you didn't know if I loved you the same way... You are my birthday wish and have been for several years now!" His eyes widened and smiled. I knew I could spend my life with him.

Ethan's POV:

After she had told me I was her birthday wish I got butterflies. What is wrong with me? Why do all these crazy things happen when I'm around her? I don't know, but I do know that as long as she causes them then I'm okay with it.

The sun was setting when we left the carnival. As we drove back to the hotel I stopped at a store with an outside restroom. "Go change." I told her smiling. "Into what exactly? I only brought my bathing suit. I pulled a bag out from behind her seat. "What's that?" She asked me. "I may have gotten you a present and don't be mad but I grabbed some of your under wear and a bra." I told her. She grabbed the bag and went towards the restroom. I grabbed a bag I had and went to change as well.

When she came out of the bathroom she looked stunning. I had bought her a blue Aqua dress and sparkly silver shoes to go with it. She looked up at and stuttered "Where are we going?" "Well you always wanted to go to a mascaraed, right?" I questioned. "Yes.." She hesitated. "Good because my friend is having one and we were invited. That's why I chose this beach." I explained. She ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me and started to laughing. I kissed her cheek and handed her a mask. "I'll know which will be you because I had Princess decorated onto it." I said smiling. "And you'll know it is me because mine says Prince." I finished. "Thank you!" She said with her gentle voice.