Chapter 11

Numb.

That's the only thing I'm feeling now. Oh wait you can't feel anything when it's numb, but whatever you get my point.

I found myself screaming, being held back by Basti from hurting the doctors and nurses who are just watching me cry my eyeballs out, which I probably look like a zombie right now.

Basti was hugging me, kissing me in the forehead. I fell down, tired from standing, but I was still crying. Basti was still in my side, comforting me while my brother was doing the same thing to my sister.

I can't believe he's here.

He came back.

My older brother. The one I always look up to being an older sibling, came back.

And he's crying.

He never cried in public. Actually I barely see him cry. And just by seeing him broken like this, it broke my heart.

I averted my gaze at my parents' lifeless body laying on top of their bed.

I closed my eyes and lean back. I screamed and screamed. Trying to scream out the pain I'm feeling now.

I screamed and screamed until I lost my voice.

"Please, Lin, don't hurt yourself, please", Basti said, his voice cracking. I cried again and he hugged me tighter.

I can't talk anymore due to my screaming, I lost it.

I just stared at my parents, not saying anything, not doing anything, just the other piece of my heart practically just got ripped out of my chest.

I don't know what happened next, but the last thing I remembered was seeing the doctors put a blanket on top of my parents' bodies before I blacked out.

******

"Kyline? Are you awake?"

No, I'm sleep walking.

I wanted to say that, but right when I started to talk, my throat bursted in pain and no voice came out of my mouth.

Right. I lost my voice.

I looked to my right and saw Dalton, my brother looking at my worriedly. And on my left side was Basti sleeping, while holding my hand.

"You're in the hospital", Dalton said.

No shit sherlock, there's no place that's white as this room and smells like medical stuffs.

Now I really regret screaming. I closed my eyes, feeling tired and empty.

"I already accept him", Dalton said out of the blue. I opened my eyes and look at him confusingly.

"Him", he said pointing at Basti, "He's a good guy, I can see how he likes you a lot, he never left your side for two days".

Oh.

Wait. Back the hell up. Did he just say two days.

TWO DAYS?!

My eyes widen. "Yes, you were out for two days and he never left your side", he said.

Dalton kissed my forehead. "I miss you, Ky", he said softly. I smiled at him and he hugged me.

"I'll be back later to check up on you, I'm just going to check Amber in the house since I left her alone there, okay?" Dalton said and I nodded my head.

He kissed my forehead again and left after.

I shook Basti's shoulder. Again and Again.

"Wha-at?" He asked groggily and rub his eyes and boy he looks adorable. He saw me awake and his eyes widen.

"Kyline", he exclaimed and hug me tight.

Nice to see you too, buddy.

If only they can read minds, that would be cool, but sadly we're not born with that superpower.

I hug him back and rest my head on his shoulders.

"I was worried about you", Basti said softly and pulled away slowly and look into my eyes.

I'm sorry for making you worry about me.

Can they like give me a paper to write on so they can know what the hell I'm trying to say, so I don't have to freaking think that everyone is deaf.

"I'm here, Lin, you know that right? I'll always be here for you", he said. I nodded my head since I can't say yes.

He took his phone and did something and gave it to me. "Here, type whatever you want to say", he explained.

Finally.

I typed, 'Why do you like me?'

I gave his phone back to him and he read it.

He looked at me. "Maybe because you're you", he said, "You don't try to fit in, you don't copy someone else, you stay as original, you're not fake, you're just Kyline, no one else".

I smiled and he smiled back. "And I like how outspoken you are, you say what you want to say, and you're personality is just wow, unique", he added.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how you make Kyline Skye, fall in love with you.

°°°•••...°°°•••...°°°•••...°°°•••...

Hey guyz,

Here's chapter 11, sorry if it's short, but at least I updated.

~R.N