Chapter 12

'Are you really sure you like me?' I typed in his phone. He grab it and read it out loud.

He stared at me in the eyes again. "Yes, I am 110% sure", he said, sincere lacing in his voice.

I grab his phone again.

'Can you handle a stubborn and weird girl?'

"Yes, only if that stubborn and weird girl is you", he answered and I smiled.

That was so cheesy. Haha.

I wanted to type that, but my hand was too tired already.

"Get a rest, Lin, you still need it", he said softly and I nodded.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*Dream*

12 years ago...

"Daddy, I want to go to the swing", I said.

"Ask you brother, dear, I'm helping your mommy fix the food", Daddy said.

"But I want you to follow me, TonTon is watching Amby", I said.

My dad sighed. "Okay, but only for a short time okay? I have to help mommy", he said.

My face broke into a wide smile and jump up and down and squealed.

"Yes daddy", I said and grab my dad's hand and drag him to the swings.

I sat down on one swing, well more like tried to sit down, I was too short.

"Here", my dad said and carried me and placed me on the swing, "Hold tight, okay?"

"Okay, daddy", I said and wrap my fingers on the chain holding the swing.

My dad pushed the swing softly and I giggled. He pushed me again and again and all I did was laugh or smile.

"Okay, that's enough baby girl, I have to help mommy now", Daddy said, "I'll call Dalton to play with you, okay?"

"Daddy, don't leave", I said.

I sat up quickly from the bed. I closed my eyes and pulled my knees closer to my chest.

My eyes started to get blurry from the tears forming.

I wiped off the sweat from my forehead.

"Shh, I'm here", Basti said and wrapped me in a hug. Tears started to fall and Basti hugged me tighter.

"Everything will be okay", he said softly, "Just let it all out".

I miss them.

I wanted to say that. I know my mom and I were never close, but she was still my mom.

"Go back to sleep, okay?" Basti said and I nodded my head.

He was about to stand up when I grabbed his hand.

Stay.

"You want me to stay here in the bed with you?" He asked.

Yes.

I nodded my head and he smiled. He layed down beside me and he pulled me next to him.

I placed my head on top of his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

**

"Aww, they're so cute"

"I'm taking pictures"

"Is he Kyline's boyfrien?"

I opened my eyes and found my friends and my siblings.

I pulled my head away from Basti's chest and sat down. I rub my eyes and look at them.

"How's you, lil sis", Dalton said. I put a thumbs up.

"Still can't talk?" He asked and I nodded my head.

I looked at my sister and she wasn't wearing make up and those skimpy clothes anymore, but instead she's wearing a black legging, a red shirt, and boots.

I smiled at her and she smiled back and went to me and hug me. I was shock.

My sister never hug me or smile at me. She mostly glares at me.

I hug her back and she cried. "I'm so sorry Kyline, I'm sorry for everything", she said.

It's okay, little sister.

I hug her tighter, close to me and closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of my little sister's hug.

Dalton walked towards us and hug us both.

"I know I said this before and I broke that promise, but now I'm not going to break it anymore", he said, "I'm not going to leave you guys anymore, you guys are my priority now, my responsibilities and I am accepting that".

He never liked responsibilities, I guess military changed him.

"Sorry to ruin the moment, but the doctor said Kyline can go home now", Basti said.

Rea whacked his head and Basti glared at her.

I didn't know he was awake already.

"I know Kyline wants to get out of this room, just saying", he said.

"Well you could have wait for 5 more minutes, idiot", Rea said.

"Bi-"

"Alright, let's not forget there's a kid here", Dalton said and pulled away from the hug.

"I ain't a kid", Amber said.

"What grade are you in?" Dalton asked.

"I'm a freshman", Amber said.

"Well you're my little sister, so you're still a kid to me", he said and Amber rolled her eyes, "And that's also for you, Kyline".

I just rolled my eyes at him and stand up and stretch.

I know my parents just died, but I also know that they wouldn't want us mourning, but instead they want us to be smiling and happy.