Chapter 22

"My momma don't like you and she likes everyone", I started singing with the song in the radio.

"And I never liked to admit that I was wrong", Basti started and I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and grab my hand, locking them together.

"I didn't know you listen to his songs", I teased and he groaned. "When you have a sister, you will know", he replied and I laughed.

I grab some fries and shove it in my mouth. I took some and offered it to Basti. "Thanks babe",  he said while chewing. "Anytime", I said and peck his cheek.

"So where are we off to now? It's getting late", I said and yawned.

"Can you believe it, we're finally graduating tomorrow", Basti said, squeezing my hand that he was holding.

"Yeah, we're actually getting out of school permanently", I breathe out. "You forgot college, sweetheart", he said.

"I don't think I'm going college", I blurted out. Basti stopped the car in the side of the road and looked at me. "What? Why?" He asked. "My parents are gone and Dalton will have family soon, I need to take care of Amber, someone has to pay for her education", I started to sob and Basti scoot closer to me and wrap me in his arms.

"Babe, I'll be here with you, I will help you", he said while grabbing my face.

"But"

"No buts babe, I will be here with you, I won't leave you, never", he said while looking at me in the eyes and I hug him.

"Thanks Basti", I said.

"I love you, you know that", he  said and kissed me.

He pulled away and squeeze my hand and went back to drive. I yawned again and curled my body and slept.

"KYLINE ELSA SKYE"

"Wha-ouch"

I rubbed my head and groaned. "Oh my gosh, Kyline, I didn't know that would happen"

I looked at the person and found my big brother, Dalton, and glared at him.

"Why'd you do that"

"You need to get ready for graduation", he said.

"Graduation? OH FUCK", I said and stand up fast. I pushed my brother out of the room and slammed the door in his face.

"You're welcome for waking you up", I heard him. "You're welcome", I shouted.

I went straight to the bathroom and did my routine. I wrapped my towel around me and opened the door.

"KYLINE"

"AHH" I shouted and tightened my grip in my towel. "What the hell Rea", I said.

"Hey", she said.

"Ever heard of knocking", I scoff, "Close the door I'm going to change".

"Wait"

The rest of the girls went inside and they were all dress up already.

"Wow, thanks guys for leaving me out", I said sarcastically and they all shove me.

"We're here to help you get ready, silly", Rea said. "Oh okay then, let's start", I said.

They helped me with my hair and make up. Once I was done, I put on my dress which was a simple black fitted dress.

"Can't believe this is it", Rea said. "I'm going to miss you guys so much", Morisette said.

Morisette told us that she wanted to go to a university in Philippines. She said their culture got her interested so she wanted to know more about it and decided to go there.

"Group hug", Jordi said and we did.

"Let's go", I said and we made our way down the stairs.

----

"Kyline Elsa Skye"

I stand up from my seat and went up the stage. I grab my diploma and did a handshake with the people up there.

I did it. I look up the sky and smiled.

"Thank you, mom and dad", I whispered and I went back to my seat.

"I'm proud of you", Basti said beside me and I smiled. "I'm proud of you, too", I said to him and he kissed me on the lips.

Even thought my mom and my dad weren't here to celebrate my graduation with me, I know they are looking out for me in their new life.

-~-~-~

this is the last chapter guys, I'm sorry i took long to update. It's just that I lost my motivation and inspiration to finish this book. I actually don't know how i want this book to be. I'm sorry that I disappointed you all.

thank you for everything.

-r.n