#DDMS24

#DDMS24

XANTIEL

Trending Topics

deuxXxmachina

853.9k Tweets

WHERE IS DEUX

602.7k Tweets

Deux Missing

459.8k Tweets

#LoveBugle

229.4k Tweets

#RIPDeux

13k Tweets

ONLY the brightness from the phone screen served as the source of light in my dark, messy, and lifeless room. My clothes—the ones Feuille has always borrowed—were scattered on my bed and all over the floor.

"It was nice meeting you . . . Mr. Stranger." My ears soaked in the softness of her trembling voice.

I have memorized every whimper, every sigh, and every crack in her voice as I listened to her recording for the eight thousand, nine hundred, and seventy-fourth time. "It was nice meeting you . . . Mr. Stranger."

Her sweet, crying voice buzzed its way into my ear drums, seeping into my numbing heart, all the way from the speaker of her headphones—her headphones that she always uses while dancing around in our kitchen.

Her headphones which I now wear over my ears like it's a part of my body. As if it was attached to my skin.

"It was nice meeting you . . . Mr. Stranger."

I closed my eyes, having no idea of what time, day, or date it is already.

Sarado ang mga bintana sa madilim kong kuwarto. Hindi na rin ako lumalabas ng bahay. I was only surviving through food deliveries which I order my pet robot to receive.

"Xanti!"

Hmm . . . what's this? Why is there another voice interfering with my Feuille's?

"It was nice meeting you . . . Mr. Stranger." Yes, that's it. Your voice is the only thing I need to hear, my little lady.

"Bumangon ka na, Xantiel!" pagsingit ng boses na umiistorbo sa 'king konsentrasyon.

I shut my eyes tighter, trying to shut off other unnecessary sounds.

"It was nice meeting you . . . Mr. Stra—"

"Gumising ka na, Alezanthriel!" Nang marinig ang pangalang iyon ay talagang napadilat ang mga mata ko.

What the fuck? I haven't heard that name in a very long time.

Pagbangon ko sa kama ay napalingon ako sa pinanggagalingan ng boses na iyon.

Ang alaga kong asong-robot ay nasa tapat ng kama ko at nakatingin sa akin. Mula sa speakers nito ay may boses ng isang lalaki na umaalingawngaw sa buong kuwarto.

"What the hell's happening to you, Deux?" tanong nito. "Fata Morgana have started their move. Tapos ano'ng ginagawa mo? Ngayon ka pa talaga nawala?"

I removed the headphones from my ears and let it hang over my neck. The cool air hitting my freed ears for the first time in a long time.