#DDMS38

I'm inviting you all to listen to the the #XVseriesFinale playlist on Spotify while reading this chapter and the epilogue.

Just search for #XVseriesFinale or Irshwndy Stories on Spotify

***

#DDMS38

XANTIEL

FOLIE à DEUX.

It's a French phrase which means madness of two.

A form of delusional psychosis shared by two or more individuals.

Growing up, I've witnessed how my parents grew more mad and more corrupted as money spilled into their pockets from exploiting my abilities.

Tick.

Tock.

I run to them at night with blood running from my nose after memorizing different figures and formulas they asked me to. But instead of helping me out, they shoo me away and told me to concentrate with my memorization.

I run to them in the morning with a head throbbing from intense migraine because of lack of sleep and severe brain activities. But instead of caring for me, they slap my face and reminded me about my next appointments, how I should forge on if I want food on my table the next day.

"Folie à Deux . . ." I remember the little me encountering this word for the first time in an encyclopedia for psychology. I used to watch my parents go crazy over money despite the obvious deteriotation of their kid's health.

They've grown delusional beyond help.

Any other place aside from my home would probably be a better place. That's what I thought when they sold me to an organization called Fata Morgana who discovered me from the television interviews my parents sent me to. But I was wrong.

The severe mental training I suffered under my parents was amplified even more under these strangers. They make me face thousands of codes, hundreds of books, millions of information until even my ears start to bleed.

Tick.

Tock.

If I try to stop or complain, they would take out an iron bar to hit me with—forcing me to comply.

What does a kid do to survive, but follow what the adults around him tell him to do?

They told me to hack corporations, I did.

They told me to destroy factories, I did.

They told me to cause blackouts and mess with polls, I did.