四 Sweet Taste Of Care

Shrine

"Isn't this too early to visit the shrine?", Natsuno held Rio's hand to warm them up. "Mom, did you leave your gloves on purpose so that father will hold your hand? That's pathetic", Hazuki teased. Rio pouted since her son exposed her. "I'll hold father's hand as well", Airi held the other hand. "If someone a guy sees you, they'll get scared to court you", Hazuki commented. "You're unbelievably talkative today. Oh, I see~ you don't have any date for Christmas", Airi laughed and received a flick on her forehead from her brother. She made a ball of snow and threw it at Hazuki when he turn around. "That's cold!", made a snowball and threw it at Airi as well.

Finally, they stood at the shrine. "It's time to say our prayers", Rio clasped her hands together. As usual, Airi will finish last. "What? Did you wish to have a boyfriend next year?", Hazuki elbowed her. "Not even close. I bet you were the one who kept repeating that in your prayer", Airi let out her tongue.  

Airi and Natsuno sat on the bench while waiting for the two to get their tea to warm them up. "What did you wish for this year?", Natsuno put his arm around his daughter. "Nothing too big", Airi flushed. "When you were younger, you were excited to tell me about your wishes. Should I wish you will not continue getting older because you're keeping secrets from me", Natsuno looked at the sky. "Nothing too big really. I just wished for your protection, mother's daily health, and for brother to go back to basketball", Airi leaned on Natsuno's shoulder. "Let's continue praying, Airi. One day, he'll wake up but I hope it will not be too long before he will regret it", Natsuno caressed Airi's head. "How about the other wishes?", he hummed. "Ahh...", Airi hesitated but knew she cannot escape his father's ability to interrogate. "I just heard from my friend's boyfriend about some circumstances they're facing. I don't know much about it but he's determined to save someone. He's just the same age as mine but it is as if he carries so much burden", the lady narrated. "Airi, you're a kind child and you care too much. Because of that, you'll get your heart breaking every time you see people hurt. Don't hesitate to ask help from me, your mother, and even Hazuki", Natsuno said before standing and reaching out a cup from Rio. "That's what it means to be a family", he added. 

Cafe

"It's so cold today. Still, thank you for coming", Hina said with her puffed eyes. "What happened? I mean, I was expecting you to spend the time with-", Airi stopped when she saw Emma shaking her head. It was her first time interacting with her since she was always with Mikey and Draken in school. "I just visited a nearby shrine with my family. I'm Hara Airi. Nice to meet you", Airi said before taking her seat in front of Hina. "Takemichi broke up with me", Hina said straightforwardly. Airi already get the picture and just stared at her with concern. "Father asked him to break up with me because he might drag me with their fights", the pinked-haired lady clasped her hands together. Airi just held unto hers. 

Without having anything to say, the three ladies paused for a while. "Here's your cake", the waiter suddenly appeared. It broke the tension between the three. "Draken won't even invite me for a date. I was stuck with Mikey at the house. My grandpa and I just made some mochi", Emma whined. "I'm supposed to watch the Christmas tree lighting with my brother but he disappeared leaving me in the midst of the crowd so I just left", Airi complained as well. "We all have our bitterness this day but let's share this cake hoping things will be sweeter tomorrow and the next days to come", Emma cut the cake. 

The three were amazed at the rich flavor of the cake. "You like a blueberry drink?", Emma noticed. "My brother introduced it to me and I came to like the flavor", Airi answered. "You also have a bittersweet relationship with him, don't you? Mikey can be too much sometimes but he's still my brother", Emma chuckled. "Naoto is a smart kid so we usually end up debating on matters", Hina joined the conversation. "If there's someone I would like to have as a brother, it would be Mitsuya-san", Emma pouted. They heard a sound of a motorbike. "Who would ride in such cold weather like this", Airi braced herself as if feeling the cold breeze. "Speaking of Takashi-san, I believe he's got two sisters. I saw them one time in the supermarket", Hina recalled. 

Emma looked at her phone and saw his brother's name. She didn't answer. Draken called afterward and she took it right away. "Yes?", Emma's eyes brightened. "Hina-chan? Okay. We'll be there", she nodded. 

Park

"We've made up". 

"Why are you crying Emma?", Mikey looked at her sister. Airi felt like melting in the presence of greatness. Mikey brought Takemichi to Hina for them to make up. He's not as bad as people tell him to be. He might have a monstrous strength but he's got a big heart. 

Mikey, he's a good guy. 

Airi recalled her brother saying something about Mikey. "By the way, Takemitchy told us that you're good with tending wounds. We might need some help from you. It's cold and the weather will be harsh for their wounds", Draken looked down at her since the height difference was too much. "You're good with riding bikes?", he asked. Airi looked at Emma who is just smiling. "Mitsuya and Chifuyu need your help. We'll bring your home afterward", Mikey smiled. How can she say no to the leader of the gang?

She stared at Draken riding the bike and signaling her to sit behind him. "Where am I supposed to hold on to?", she asked Emma worriedly. "His waist. Don't you dare get too close", Emma hissed. 

Church

The rest of the black dragon is nowhere to be found. Hakkai looks at Yuzuha with concern. "I brought someone since you guys don't want to visit the hospital", Draken informed. Airi was startled to see Mitsuya wearing Toman's uniform as well as Chifuyu wounded. "I'm not sure if I can give enough help, though", the lady bowed.

"I hope you still visit the hospital just to make sure", Airi gulped and carried the antiseptics Mikey bought. The blonde leader walked behind her. She started cleaning Yuzuha's wound. "Are you Hakkai- kun? When you get home, help your sister apply a cold compress on her face. That will help with the swelling. Also, please buy some cream to stop scars from forming on her face", Airi said shyly, stood, and moved to the next person. "Yuzuha-san, do you feel pain on your nose? Were you punched? I hope your nose is not broken", the lady asked. "No, his punch landed on my cheeks", Yuzuha answered. "How did you know my name?", Hakkai felt nervous talking to her as he is with other girls. 

"Hanagaki-kun and Matsuno-kun were mentioning your name and I just guessed that who they might be referring to is you. One of my prayers was granted to me so fast", she kneeled and look into Chifuyu staring at the ceiling. "I'm not so sure of having you involved with us but it was the Commander who brought you", Chifuyu closed his eyes and let Airi tend his wounds. "Hanagaki-kun was bowing too low and I also can't ignore a favor from my friend's boyfriend", the lady patched the wounds and finally sat behind Mitsuya who was just silently watching Hakkai and Yuzuha. 

"I'm fine, kindly make sure that Yuzuha is fine. She took at least two punches from Taiju", Mitsuya doesn't sound as if he was commanding. "Please visit the hospital. I saw a crowbar on the floor. I think you were hit in the head", Airi gulped as she saw blood on the crowbar. "It's nothing. My skull is tough", he said then stood up. "Mikey. Thanks for coming. I'll be getting home, Luna and Mana might be waiting for me", Mitsuya raised his hand and waved.

"Please tell him to visit the hospital", Airi whispered to Mikey and it surprised Draken. The lady crossed her finger not sure how Mikey would react to having her get too close to him. "Mitsuya, go and have your head checked", Mikey ordered. Airi knew that the lilac head wouldn't be able to refuse. "Your sisters will be dead worried if you suddenly collapse or get sick the next days. Just to make sure, please go have a check-up", Airi bowed low. He was used to caring for other people's welfare so it was striking to have someone straightforwardly show their concern aside from Mikey and the gang.

Chapter end.