十一 Two Peas in a Pod

Hospital Morgue

Hina stands in front of Draken and Mikey and tried to give them a piece of mind to help Takemichi in the battle with Tenjiku Gang. 

"It wasn't Takemichi's fault", Hina's words triggered Draken, and stood up. Airi tried to go in between but Hina's next words made the two calm down. Airi wasn't able to hear it but she understood that Hina was able to ease the pain.  "We already carried her. It's time to go, Airi", Hazuki pulled her sister. "Mikey was punched by Draken a couple of times a while ago. He's not even stable to ride the bike. Hanagaki went to lead Toman against Tenjiku", Airi suddenly said and looked at Hazuki. "I came with my bike. I saw one more bike and I think that is Draken's", Hazuki hummed and marched towards Mikey. 

 "I also have a sister and she's precious to me. Hanagaki is also your sister's friend and I believe she wouldn't like you to abandon him", Hazuki grabbed Mikey's collar. "Let's go protect our sisters till the very end", Hazuki smiled and continued walking. 

"Airi saw Izana's face and he also cursed my sister so he must have scared her", Hazuki informed.  "I'm not that much help but I'll let that Izana see what he gets messing with my sister", Hazuki showed his fist to Mikey.

"You don't have to do this", Draken tried to stop the lad since he knew his kindness. "I know when not to throw a punch and when I should. My sister is in constant fear because I am a coward who won't just face things. I get the feeling that joining this brawl will wake me up. Sorry for being selfish", Hazuki accounted his decision as his own. 

Hospital Hall

Airi accompanied Emma's grandfather to file the death certificate. She stopped as she sees two lads in a wheelchair along the way. She excused herself and went to check on them. "Takashi-san?", Airi called on his name. The lad looked at her with worried eyes. "I messed up. I wasn't paying attention", he chuckled and scratched his nape. Something boiled inside Airi and burst out. "Stop being too reckless! Your sisters will be very worried if you won't appear one day even if they wait for too long", Airi pressed her lips and suddenly vented. She knew it wasn't her position to lecture about how Mitsuya should live his life. 

"You cannot talk to Mitsuya that way", Smiley's eye twitched. "So...sorry", Airi fell to the ground. "Takashi-san, Emma is... a while ago, we met Izana-san again. Then, suddenly, someone on his bike...bat...", the lady covered her mouth feeling her stomach churning. Mitsuya held her hand. "Where is she? Hara?", the lad already felt bad about the news. 

Parking Area 

Airi brought the two lads in a wheelchair in front of the car where Emma's body is placed. "While headed to the hospital, Emma just turned cold. She was on Mikey's back and she...", Airi gritted her teeth receiving a hug from Hina who was beside her. It was traumatizing to see how your friend died. "Where is Mikey now?", the lilac head asked. "Brother and Draken are with him to join Hanagaki-kun to answer Tenjiku's challenge. They've been randomly attacking Toman members as I heard", Airi answered. 

The car left and the four remained in the parking lot. "Please, I know you want to join them as well but in your condition, it will get worse", Airi looked at Mitsuya and Smiley's faces. "We'll be taking a stroll on the bridge. You don't have to worry, I know that they'll win this one", Mitsuya said with a small smile. 

Bridge

After taking a stroll on the bridge, Smiley decided to go back. Mitsuya was startled to see a figure waiting for him at the end. "I thought you went home. How about Tachibana?", Mitsuya asked. "She went home", the lady answered. "I'll be pushing you if you don't mind", Airi went behind the lad and started pushing him gently. "If you have something on your mind, don't hesitate to say it", Mitsuya looked in front. "I didn't mean to shout at you a while ago, Takashi-san. Can you...forgive me? I know you're also doing this because of a reason my little mind wouldn't understand", Airi's voice cracked. 

"You didn't do anything wrong so there's nothing to apologize for. But then, I don't regret being in the gang with Mikey and the others", Mitsuya asserted. "Two years ago, I waited for my brother to come home. He never missed telling us if he'll be late or if he'll sleep at Reiji-san's place. My father decided to file a missing case and we haven't seen him for two days. The hospital called us and told us that they found him thrown out near a warehouse", the lady paused and saw the snow falling. 

"That must have been hard on you and your parents", Mitsuya commented. "Brother didn't talk for a week and he left the basketball team and transferred to another school. He begged my father not to file a case against Izana-san. Our father talked to Reiji-san who was also part of the basketball club. He said that his brother told the gang to leave them alone because Nationals will happen a few days after", Airi continued narrating. "He would always put people before him, will always make sure people wouldn't be left out, will never take advantage of others but still something that painful happened. I haven't gotten to know you like how I've been with my brother but Luna-chan and Mana-chan clinging to you as if they wouldn't want you to leave makes me understand how much you mean to them as well", Airi covered her eyes with her other arm. She felt Mitsuya's warm hands on hers. "You do love him that much, don't you? I wouldn't leave Mikey behind but I wouldn't let them go through the same thing as well. That's why I'll get stronger and keep getting stronger so that my sisters wouldn't cry for the same reason", Mitsuya patted Airi's hand slowly assuring her. "You're persistent, Takashi-san", Airi wiped her tears and gave a short laugh. "I like it better when you're smiling and laughing, Hara", the lad smiled as well. 

The next day...

Everyone wore their black suit and dress. Mikey held his head high along with his grandfather as people pay respect to his sister. Finally, Draken went in front and knelt in front of Mikey and Emma's grandfather. "I loved Emma. Sorry that I wasn't able to protect her", Draken bowed. Airi held on Hina's hand who was just at her side. Soon, the rest started sobbing. "I see. You've taken a liking to her as well. I am sure she is resting well", Mikey's grandfather smiled.

Mistuya cried thinking about how hard it must be for Mikey as brother of Emma. If one of his sisters died, he wasn't sure how to react. The entire scenario reminded Chifuyu of Baji and hits him with how fast people can disappear. Inui felt bitter as it wasn't an accident that killed Emma, not like how his sister died. It was a person who caused the death of Sano Manjiro's sister. Hina couldn't imagine the pain that Draken is going through.

Airi just cried that she can not even process whatever is happening in front of her. Hazuki held her hand. "Don't blame yourself, Airi. You were there when it happened but it doesn't mean you have to carry all the burden to yourself", Hazuki remembered begging the Izana to let go of his team members since they are to join the nationals after three days. "Cry as much as you have to today or even until tomorrow but remember that Emma-chan wouldn't want to see you live longer that way", the older brother tighten his grip on her sister.

After the visit, the group met outside the house. "I'll be leaving my sister in your care. I'll go and file my membership form", Hazuki waved at them. "His arm is broken", Airi looked at Hakkai who averted his stares. "Your brother is quite crazy, like a different kind of crazy", Chifuyu sighed. 

Chapter end.