五-Pair Of Earings

Hospital

Airi sat next to Mitsuya feeling jitters. She wanted to lecture him about getting into fights but she was not sure why she felt like he didn't make a wrong decision.        

"I don't have any regrets. Looking at Taiju's defeat, I believe he won't be back abusing his siblings", Mitsuya found it necessary to tell Airi. "I see. You were also trying to save Hakkai-kun and Yuzuha-san. I was about to say something stupid", Airi gulped. She knew Mitsuya is kind and gentle but he is still a part of the gang. "You're free to do so. I'm the one stealing your precious time during Christmas Eve", the man felt apologetic. "Not really. My family and I just visited the shrine this morning since my father will go back to work. We don't celebrate too much since we'll just feel guilty doing it without father", Airi waved her hand.

"You said your prayer was heard. Did you offer it this morning?", Mitsuya asked. Airi nodded. "You're supposed to give your thanksgiving", the lad chuckled. Airi flushed. "Thank you for praying for Hakkai and Yuzuha. Now, they're free from fear of having to go home", Mitsuya stood as the nurse went closer. "You're clear. You may now go home", he informed. 

Parking

"Let's go get you home", Mikey offered the seat at the back of his bike. Airi gulped and felt like refusing but she felt like being decapitated once she turn him down. "I'll be heading home then. Thank you, Hara Airi", Mitsuya wore his helmet.

After Mitsuya left, Airi stood lifeless. "Then, where is your house?", Draken asked. "Just around the corner", Airi said the exact location and wished her brother won't be there to cause trouble.

Hara's Residence

Hazuki laughed as he watches Airi climb down Mikey's bike. "You're just laughable, Airi. You ditch me so you can play with Mikey and Draken?!", he pointed at his sister. "Shut it. You were the one who left me", Airi whispered. "Hazuki? I was wondering why she's got a familiar eye. It's been a while since you transferred", Draken gave a fist bump. "Two years since the last time we saw each other. Then, did my sister cause you any trouble?", Hazuki grabbed Airi and locked her in his arms. "She's a great help. Sorry for getting her involved. I promise that she will not get involved again", Draken apologized. "No need to apologize. We're accountable for our own lives. It's good to see her exploring more. You can bother her as much as you like, just don't let her get hurt, Mikey", Hazuki smiled. Airi blushed hearing his brother.

"Then, we'll be going. Just tell me how I can help you one of these days", Mikey smiled and they both left.

Airi elbowed Hazuki. "I was worried for no reason. Why didn't you tell me that you know him?", Airi clicked her tongue. "I told you before. Mikey is a good guy. With Draken by his side, he'll be guided well", Hazuki opened the door and entered. Airi felt something in her pocket. It was Mitsuya's other pair of earrings. He needed to remove it before getting scanned.

Takashi's Apartment

Mitsuya entered and felt confetti thrown on his face. "Merry Christmas, Brother!!!", Luna and Mana shouted. "Welcome home, Mitsuya", his mother greeted as well. "Did you attempt to cook again? Sorry, I was late", he apologized. "Here's a gift from all of us", Hiori dropped a box in his hand. "Thank you for always being there for your sisters and sorry for letting you carry such burdens at a young age", he received a hug from his mother. "Luna and Mana are not burdens. They're my sisters", Mitsuya smiled.

"Also, the pretty sister bought this for you. She was supposed to get something for herself but begged her friend to lend her money", Mana narrated. "She told us not to say it", Luna scolded her sister. "She also said that not all brothers are responsible as you so she said we're fortunate", Mana added. Luna face-palmed.

New Year's Eve

Hazuki slightly pushed Airi to mix in the crowd. "I wanted to spend some time with Dad. If you didn't insist on going here to watch the fireworks. I could be taking a picture with Dad and Mom on the first day of the year", Airi gave mini punches on his brother's chest. "Come on, you're a middle high schooler. When are you going to grow up?", Hazuki flicked her forehead. "Isn't this Airi-chan?", Hina patted her shoulder. "Ah! Hina-chan. You're also here and with...", she saw the lady wearing a kimono as well as her boyfriend. "It's good to see you make up. How about the others?", Airi asked. "Looks like you're all dressed up for new year's eve", Mitsuya and the rest made their presence known. Airi turned and saw all of them wearing kimonos. She mentally thanked Hazuki for forcing her to wear one as well. "You're welcome", his brother winked. You look pretty in your black kimono", Hina praised. "Mother helped me get dressed. I'm not good with wearing it", Airi felt embarrassed admitting it. "Don't worry, we're the same", Hina assured.

 "Hakkai-kun is quite tall", Airi commented. The lad went behind Yuzuha not sure how to give any response. "He's also handsome", Hina repeated. "Hina~", Takemichi whined. "Maybe you'll be a model in the future?", Hazuki tilted his head and started praising Yuzuha as well. "Stop staring too much, he'll melt", Yuzuha chuckled.  "Then, I'll be leaving my precious sister with you. I'll be meeting with my friends as well", Hazuki excused himself. "He just used me as an excuse to leave the house", Airi sighed.

"So these are the little sisters of Mitsuya-kun. How old are you now, little kid?", Takemichi bent to their level. Airi watched as the little girls made fun of Takemichi and just chuckled. "Yay! Pretty lady!", the ladies saw Hina and started hugging her. "Can I hold your hand?", Luna asked. "Me too", Mana tried to compete. "That's my Hina!", Takemichi shouted. "How can you say that without feeling embarrassed?", Mitsuya commented. The children led Hina to walk away from the group. "There goes my date", Takemichi sighed. "You can go on a date anytime", Mitsuya patted his back. Airi felt a little awkward walking behind Yuzuha and Hakkai. She noticed Yuzuha staring intently at Mitsuya which makes her recall the earring in her pocket. She wasn't that sure why she kept bringing it along with her. "I see now, Yuzuha. Anyone could fall for him, after all, how badass he was on Christmas", Hakkai caught her sister. Yuzuha flinched and felt hot on her cheeks. She relaxed and her expression soften.

Airi brain stopped processing when she heard Yuzuha having a crush on Mitsuya. She loosened her grip on the earring inside her pocket.  Mitsuya turned around and saw the three. "What's going on?", he asked and soon his gaze finally concentrated on the black-haired lady with an elegant kimono. He knew it wasn't a cheap one. He went closer and asked about the siblings about Taiju and Yuzuha told him about his brother's decision to leave. "By the way, Hara. Thank you for the pair of scissors. Don't blame Mana for telling me. She was just happy", Mitsuya smiled. Airi felt like stepping back. The fireworks haven't yet started and she felt like her eyes is being shown too many colors. "We'll go and write our wishes", Hakkai felt uncomfortable being too close to Airi. 

"Uhm. You see, my brother is quite different from you so... when I saw you being kind to your sisters... I, uh, well", Airi tried to look for an explanation for the gift. She feared that he might be crept out being given a gift randomly by a girl. Mitsuya patted her head. "Thank you. Let's go write our wishes", seeing her discomfort, Mitsuya tried to intervene. "Also, this", Airi showed the earring that fell during the fight with Taiju. "It's not too much but you might want to keep that. This feels like an exchange gift. I personally designed that", the lad informed. "Are you sure? I really like the color and the design", Airi said with a higher pitch than usual. "Sure", the lad nodded and invited Airi to join him in writing their new year's wish. 

Nothing to ask for, I just want to be thankful. 

-Hara Airi. 

Chapter end.