十三 A Future Without You

Tick! Tok! Tick! Tok!

Airi lies down and stares at the ceiling. It's already 1 am and she still hasn't slept a wink.

She sat down and looked at her phone. Today, she will be starting as a high schooler. Shira will still be with her and nothing changed that much except that she will no longer be following his brother and acting like his personal assistant. Would she be meeting new friends? She'll be entering the same school as Hina so it would be great to have two of her close friends know each other as well.

In the corner of her room, she saw Mitsuya's jacket and scarf. For two years, she never got the chance to return it to him. She occasionally uses them outside just in case she'll cross paths with the lad.

8:00 am

Airi's alarm clock rang for the 7th time. "Are you going to miss your first day in school?", Rio knocked. The lady gasped and sat straight. "It's already 8:00!!! Mom, why didn't you wake me up?!", Airi entered her bathroom and started preparing.

School Backyard- After Class

"Oh, this is a great way to see each other again", Hakki waved his hand while uprooting grasses with gloves on. "Hakkai-kun. It's been a long time", Airi was amazed to see him as well. "I couldn't be happier since I'll be in the same school as Taka-chan's", he said with glee. "You're a loyal fan, Hakkai-kun. I've been busy being my brother's personal assistant. Ever since he entered the basketball club, I was forced to follow him around. I can't even take my eyes off him or else he'll be sabotaging his reputation", Airi sighed.

"So much of a brother we have, I'm not saying that your brother is like mine but they're quite difficult to handle", Hakkai continued uprooting grasses. "How is he, then?", Airi asked. "He kind of changed after that Christmas brawl", Hakkai answered. "Be careful with your hands. Make sure you're wearing your gloves properly", a voice made the two look behind. "Taka-chan!", Hakkai shouted and Airi saw him as if a dog wagging his tail. "Hara, you were late on the first day?", Mitsuya tilted his head. "I have my reasons", she gave a nervous laugh. She cannot take her eyes away from the lad whose hair went long and had more mature features than the last time he saw him.

"I'll be waiting for you", Mitsuya sat on the side. "Taka-chan! You visited!" Hakkai was pleased to see him. "You're being recruited in the basketball club and judo. Don't waste your talent", Mitsuya encouraged the lad. "How about Hara, do you plan on joining any club this year?", Mitsuya asked. "Brother also graduated in High School so I guess I'll just be hanging around the clinic", Airi answered. "It's unfortunate that we have to graduate before you enter high school. Anyways, we can still see each other around", the lilac-haired lad smiled.

Hakkai paused and recalled something.

I see you're also charmed by him.

"Taka-chan! Do you...?".

Street

Airi looked behind and saw Hakkai smiling ear to ear. "Did something good happen, Hakkai-kun?", Airi felt suspicious. "Nothing really", Hakkai gave a thumbs up. "By the way, Takashi-san. I haven't seen you around. I don't think Tokyo is that big to miss each other out", the girl laughed nervously. "I've been going places after we graduate. Learning about fashion and the like", Mitsuya explained. "Then, you must've met a lot of women. Does Yuzuha still have a chance?", Hakkai asked straightforwardly. "Yuzuha's a great woman, that's for sure", he smiled.

His hair is too short.

Airi covered her mouth as she gasped. She seemed to understand something.

So that was the reason why Hakkai-kun was smiling. Sadist!

"You heard him", Hakkai laughed. Airi forced a smile and suddenly stopped to make it look as if she accidentally stepped on the tall dude's feet. "Were you offended?", Hakkai asked without showing remorse. Mitsuya enjoyed watching the interaction between the two.