十七 Interupted

Hara's Residence

Hazuki lay down on the couch watching the television. The door opened. "Welcome. Then, where is my sister?", he turned to see a dripping Reiji. "Areh~ Did you like the rain that you didn't use an umbrella?", Hazuki went upstairs to get a towel. Rio was out and only the lads are inside the house. After tossing the towel to Reiji, Hazuki went to prepare some tea. 

"Did she reject you again? I told you, man, she's not really that kind of girl. She would just like to be friends with everyone", Hazuki shrugged. "I asked her to continue getting involved with them but she pulled her hand back and bowed. I can just watch her run away from me", Reiji narrated. "They're not as bad as you thought of Reiji. Let her experience a roller coaster adolescence", Hazuki winked.  "I won't let her get hurt too. That's why I won't give up. Call me obsessed or what but I will take care of your sister", Reiji clasped his hands. Hazuki tilted his head. "I don't dislike you either. If you become my in-law, we'd get to hang out like every day", the lad slapped his back. "Are you planning on leeching on us? How about you get your own date?", Reiji sighed. "Airi's annoyed face is the best. Plus, I'd get to have things to blackmail her from", Hazuki chuckled. Reiji sipped into the tea and felt its strong taste. 

"That's a good future to imagine. Although, she's still my sister. As his brother, I want her to be loved", Hazuki wrapped his arm on Reiji's . 

Bike Shop

Airi entered and saw Takemichi and Inui half-naked. She closed her eyes and turned in the other direction hitting her head with the doorpost. Draken entered as well. "What are you doing?", Draken looked down at her. "Why aren't you all wearing your shirts?", she kept her eyes closed. "No worries. There's nothing to see anyways", Draken teased. After some time, the two went outside while Airi and Inui were left on the couch. Airi is currently tending to Inui's wounds. She was sure that the burn marks were done years ago. "You're good with this. Did you have any training?", Inui asked. "My brother is such a klutz so I had to be there to tend his wounds. Mother was busy when we were younger and Dad was always at work. Mother decided to leave work so she could take care of us better", she felt like telling stories. "I also had a sister. She was very much like Mikey's sister, bubbly and bright", Inui mentioned as he looks out to see Draken talking to a man in a Brahman's uniform. "How is she?", Airi finished cleaning the wounds and started applying the dressing. "She's already resting", the words made Airi's heart tighten. "Sorry", she pressed her lips. 

"If someone had to be worried, it should be me", Inui stood as soon as the dressing was taped on his cheek. "Draken-kun told me that you were just caught with the conflict between the other gang. I hope they won't bother you again", Airi bowed as if she was praying. "My sister died in my stead. Koko entered the house and saved me instead of my sister. It will be an insult on his side if I just waste this life he mistakenly desperately saved", he said before entering his room. Guilt makes someone do redemptive actions. "Seishu-san. I'm glad you're alive", Airi said and the lad's eyes widened. He cleared his throat and entered his room. 

The door of the bike shop opened. "Draken?", Mitsuya came panting. Airi stood. "He's outside. I think he's talking to someone", she reported. "Are you alright?", the lilac head walked towards her. "I'm perfectly fine", the lady waved her hands. Mitsuya saw some antiseptics and bloody cotton on the table. "That you for taking care of them", Mitsuya bowed. "Raise your head, Takashi-san. I just happened to pass by", Airi shook her head. Draken and Takemichi entered. The three reminisced the old days with Airi just listening to their stories. She was a sheltered lady who will never understand what it felt to punch someone in the face or throw them on the ground. "It must have bored you", Takemichi noticed her just silently smiling. "It's getting late. Should I bring you home?", Draken offered. "You have to take a rest, Draken-kun. Hanagaki-kun, I heard from Hina that you've somehow turn cold. I think you have to visit her as well", Airi assured that she can go home alone. 

Street

The rain stopped and so she just held on the umbrella. "I'm really fine, Takashi-san. You don't have to bother", Airi stopped walking. "Are you worried about Touru? I am walking with you because it is my decision. There are lots of delinquents walking around these past nights", Mitsuya explained his action. "I hope you wouldn't think bad of Reiji-san. He's just the type of person of who hates seeing people getting hurt", Airi continued walking behind Mitsuya. "I never thought bad of him. He's a good guy, also very professional. I drop by the studio sometimes to see how my designs are going and he's killing it", Mitsuya gave a thumbs up. 

"You're amazing, Takashi-san. You're this young and you're already making a name for yourself", Airi clapped. Mitsuya chuckled and turned to look at her. "Yap. I was not mistaken, you look great with a smile on your face", he commented. Airi flushed and averted her stares. "Don't make me melt in embarrassment, Takashi-san. My brother says I have a creepy smile", she covered her face. "The things brothers do. What he means is that you'll make guys swarm around you and he'll have a hard time shooing them away", the lad smiled and continued leading the way. "How about you, Takashi-san? You're good-looking, kind, gentle, talented and so much more. I bet theres a lot of girls swooning over you as well", Airi slightly pouted. "Do you really think I am whatever you described me to be?", the lad hummed. "I have so much more to say. Have confidence in yourself, Takashi-san", Airi clenched her fist. "This is the second time. I just felt so good with you telling me about it. Do I sound narcissistic?", Mitsuya gave a short laugh. "I can tell you as many times as you want me to", Airi saw that they're already near her house. 

Mitsuya turned to see her expression. Airi opened the umbrella startling Mitsuya because it was just few inches away from his face. "See you around, Takashi-san. I'll go now", Airi ran away without allowing Mitsuya to see how flushed her face was.

Mall-The next days...

Airi walked with her brother with dark circle in her eyes. "You look like a panda", Hazuki laughed and took pictures of her. Airi is not used to sleepless nights. She would always do her best to sleep at least 8 hours everyday. "Just get over buying Kawaragi-san's gift. Just so you know, be ready to receive any responses from her", Airi patted Hazuki's shoulder. It's been a week since he didn't hear from the lady. 

"Don't you have any trust with this handsome brother of yours? I can make her say yes with just one question", Hazuki said arrogantly. "Don't come running to me when you get your heart broken", Airi clicked her tongue and they both entered a jewelry shop.

Jewelry Shop

Airi saw her reflection in the mirror and looked at the earring that Mitsuya gave two years ago. It really have a high quality because it didn't lose even a cm of streak. She was just happy that Mitsuya didn't sell it into mass production. This means she has something special coming from Mitsuya. The lilac head is kind to everyone at the expense that you can no longer differentiate special treatments. 

While looking into necklaces, Airi saw Senju grabbing Takemichi by the arm. She felt something cold in her spine and looked if Hazuki saw it but he was busy flirting with the sales lady. Airi slapped him at the back and told him to make it faster. 

Airi noticed Senju having fun while dragging Takemichi all around the shopping stalls.

Chapter end.