八White Haired Monster

Cram School

Airi leaned on the table. "I can't believe we crashed into your stage play", Airi sighed and felt so embarrassed. "That was fun. We received an award because of the feedback from the audience", Hina chuckled. "Your brother knows how to have fun", Hina added. "Uhm", Airi said with a soft tone. "Did I say something wrong?", the sweet lady asked. "Hina, why are you dating Hanagaki-kun? I know he's kind and gentle and I never thought he would be the first-division captain of Toman", Airi felt like their friendship might end because of that one question. The class hasn't yet started so they have time to talk.  

"Takemichi will always do his best even if he is not the strongest because he cares for people. These days, I don't really understand his determination but I know he's doing it for someone else. He's not selfish and he's the bravest person I know", Hina answered. "You answered so fast, Hina. You are really in love with him", Airi chuckled. "Are you planning on asking Mikey out?", Hina teased. "Not you as well, Hina", Airi whined. 

After cram school, Airi saw Reiji waiting at the gate of cram school. "Oh, you have someone to walk with. I'll be waiting for Takemichi", Hina waved goodbye. "Your brother asked me to fetch you. He's being scolded by the principal", Reiji informed. "Was it because of the stage play he crashed into", Airi sighed and hoped there was nothing more. "The principal was trying to get him to play in the basketball club again", Reiji's words made Airi's heart sink. 

Street

"I hope you don't mind me calling your first name. Your brother would always talk to me about you and I am accustomed to hearing your name", Reiji asked for permission. "Of course. But give me some time to feel comfortable calling you Reiji-san", Airi nervously laughed. "How is cram school? Your brother told me that you're at the top of the class. Any reason why you are still taking extra classes?", Reiji hummed. "There's nothing else to do. I'm not in any clubs so I don't want to worry my mother that I'm getting home so early. I'm not like my brother after all", Airi explained. "You don't have to compare yourself to Hazuki. He's a bottle of energy with an unlimited amount of sunlight", Reiji felt like his energy is being drained just thinking about the plans he have with Hazuki next week. "You don't have to put up with everything he's saying. You're not his servant or something like that", Airi said with concern. 

"I'm not being bossed around by Hazuki. You don't have to worry. I am following him because I want to", Reiji said with a genuine smile on his face. "By the way, you just came from cram school. Want to eat something?", Reiji invited. "I don't want to leech on you. I believe my brother is also being nosy and asking you to buy this and that", Airi pressed her lips together and contained her embarrassment.   "Meat buns?", Reiji led the way to the convenience store. 

Convenient Store

Airi's phone rang and asked Reiji to go ahead of her.

"Visit your house tomorrow? I'm not sure. I hope you're not playing some prank on me, Emma-chan". 

"Don't worry. Grandpa will also be happy to see you. I've baked some cookies so I wonder if you can try them before I give them to Draken". 

"That's straightforward for you, Emma-chan. I believe he will be thrilled to receive something from you. My brother will die to eat someone else's cooking, most especially from a lady". 

"Then, see you tomorrow. I'll fetch you at the park". 

Airi ended the call and raised her head feeling someone else's presence. "Kakucho, did you buy me what I asked of you?", another man asked. In front of her is a white-haired man with a red coat. You kind of remind me of someone", Izana bent to stare into her eyes but Airi already looked down at the ground. "So bad if I'm the only one who recognizes you", the sinister sound of his voice made Airi's face turn pale. "Let's go, Izana", Kakucho tried to convince his leader not to mess with the lady since Izana just got out of the juvie. "I think you got the wrong person", another person went in between them. Izana had a short laugh and walked away. 

"Are you alright? It's unsafe here so maybe we can go inside. You're trembling, are you cold?", Mitsuya asked while carrying groceries. "I'm fine. It's the weather", she forced to laugh. "You can use my scarf, I knitted this during the break", Mitsuya dropped the bags of groceries and removed his scarf. "I'm fine really. I'm just waiting for someone", Airi shook her head but Mitsuya already wrapped the scarf around her neck. "The weather will be unforgiving the next days so make sure to make yourself warm", the lad patted her head. "It's getting late so, let's get you home", Mitsuya offered to walk her home. "Reiji-san is with me. He went to buy something", Airi informed. "I see. I guess I'll be stealing someone's spot if I stay here", Mitsuya laughed and was about to look back inside the convenience store. Airi grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry!", Airi let go right away. "Then, I'll stay until he comes back", Mitsuya looked at the sky full of stars. "Your performance was great. I wasn't that confident with the dress but when you wore it, I felt quite proud. I feel the same when I see you wearing that earring just like when my sisters like what I make for them. I see you're helping Hakkai with his shyness with ladies and my sisters are very fond of you. Just tell me how I can help you as well", Mitsuya offered as he felt someone else's presence from behind.

She braced her arm and Reiji pulled her closer having her lean on his chest. "Are you alright?", Reiji asked.  "Thank you for offering help but Airi got me and Hazuki. We don't want to inconvenience you", Reiji clenched his fist. "Sure", Mitsuya saw Reiji's clenched fist and left. 

Hara's Residence

"I don't want to eat. I'll be in my room", Airi said as she entered. "Did something happen?", Hazuki asked while watching the television. "Don't spend too late outside without Reiji-san", Airi suddenly said what was in her mind. "Huh? No way. They'll call me gay or something like that. Plus, Reiji likes you so I'm giving you two rooms", Hazuki said so casually. Airi flushed and ran to her room. 

"Hmmm? Mom, your daughter is starting to be a lady", Hazuki shouted. "Shut up!", Airi heard it and shouted. 

The next day, 

Hanami Academy-Rooftop

"It's rare to see you here", Airi heard a voice that made her flinch. "Are you alone, Mikey-kun?", she looked back and saw him on a higher level lying down and looking at the sky. "I'm waiting for Draken to get me some food", he informed me. "Can I join you?", Airi asked and started climbing the ladder. She missed her footing but Mikey was able to grab her hand. "Careful", he gave his usual friendly smile. 

Finally, she was able to sit beside him who went back to lying on his back. "Can I tell you something, Mikey?", Airi asked. "You can always talk to me. What is it?", Mikey nodded. "Last night, I saw someone who I recognized. I thought I will never see him again since he was put into juvie a few years ago. Now, he's out", Airi gulped. "I won't let something bad happen to you. You don't have to be afraid", Mikey assured. Airi heard from Hina and Emma how strong Mikey is. "It's not about me. I will do what you asked of me so please help me protect my brother", Airi knelt and bowed low. Draken climbed up and was startled to see the scenario. "Hara? Get up, you'll have your skirt dirty", Draken assisted her to sit. "You don't have to beg me because I am your friend, Hara. Your brother and you, I'll be here to protect you", Mikey sat and patted her head. 

Arcade house

"Hazuki, someone's looking for you", some of his classmates called. "Hmm? Some girls?", Hazuki chuckled and nodded. 

Alley beside the arcade house

Hazuki coughed as the punch landed on his stomach. 

"Just a message from our boss. It's his thanks for getting him to end inside the juvie". 

Eight more people. Hazuki was caught off guard and wasn't able to prepare ahead of time. One took a crowbar making his brain freeze for a moment. He just waited for the attack but it never came. When he came back to his senses, he saw two figures wearing Toman's uniform. "Are you alright? I can't believe they will go this far to beat someone", Hakkai kicked one of them to get a better view of their uniform. "Kantou Gang", Hakkai read. "Thanks", Hazuki said still unable to process the situation. 

"You're Hara's big brother. We should get your wounds treated. Your sister will be worried if she sees them", Mitsuya saw a cut on his face.  

Chapter end.