十八 The Fall of the Other Dragon

Cafe

"How are you and Hanagaki-kun?", Airi felt like backing off with her question. "He came to me last time apologizing. He's such a pure-hearted person so I know he's not doing things out of selfishness", Hina smiled while mixing her drink. Air sighed in relief. She thought the room would suddenly have a change of atmosphere. "You're quite confident with him, aren't you?'", Shira commented. "Also, I know she's got a thing for your brother", Hina smiled. "That's the kind of confidence I wish I could have in the future", Shira shrugged. "With who? Hakkai-kun?", Airi teased. "Why would you mention his name? He wouldn't even look at me as a lady. When we were running during P.E. He didn't even mind giving me some handicaps. He also holds back during Judo", Shira sighed. "I think the reason why he can talk with you is because of that. He's very shy around girls. Maybe he wrapped his mind thinking you're a fellow male species", Airi chuckled.  

After getting a call, Shira exited. "Airi, you're doing well these days?", Hina asked. "I don't know. All these puberty stages. I often watch as girls swoon over my childish brother. Now, he's starting to get serious with a lady who is close to his age. I am watching Shira's interesting interaction with males. You and Hanagaki-kun are really serious about your relationship. Draken-kun loves Emma-chan until now.  Maybe I'm the only one who is not yet very understanding with these matters", Airi leaned on the chair. "I don't think so. That's the face of someone who is in love. I just don't know who is making you get bothered like this", Hina has her eyes glued on Airi. "Reiji-san is a kind person. He's a man of justice and he had always been there for my brother. He was able to withstand my brother's craziness. I don't know when will he ask me out again. I don't want to be haunted by this feeling of running away", Airi held onto her chest. 

"Why are you running away if you think that Touru-san is a good guy?", Hina hummed. "I...am not sure as well", the black-haired lady looked at the floor. "Unless, you're chasing someone else?", the voice made Airi feel cold on her spine. "Brother, what are you doing here?!", she nearly fell on her seat. "I saw Hanagaki and Senju at the amusement park. They look like they're having fun", Hazuki said with a devastated expression. Hazuki sat beside his sister. "Tachibana-chan. You're already pretty and a very good girl. Why is it that Hanagaki is keeping the pretty girl for himself?", Hazuki whined. Airi slapped the back of his head. "You don't even know why they are together", she clicked her tongue. Her phone rang. 

Airi, ...amusement...park. 

Rokuhara Tandai...Hanagaki and Ryuji-san.

"Are you alright? Where are you now?". 

My brother told me because he is...also with the other gang. He said there are guns...involved.

Airi stood up and Hazuki held her hand. He doesn't know what is happening but seeing their reaction to her face made him understand the situation. "You don't have to go. Do you think there is something you can help them with?", he asked with a serious voice. "Is there anything I can do if I will just be sitting here as well?", she looked at his brother with a concerned look. She ran outside without bringing her umbrella. 

Hina was about to follow but Hazuki stopped her. "She's really starting to be hard-headed as she grows. You see, she's a good girl. A sheltered girl who doesn't want to taint his family's name. The moment she started to be acquainted with delinquents, I think she better understood that the world isn't black and white. That it is evil in every pure heart and a taint of goodness in even the dirtiest heart", Hazuki stretched his arms and stood. "Hara-san. Are you going to be alright?", Hina asked worriedly. "I'm glad she grew up that way. I am proud that regardless of what happened to me, she was able to see past judging each and every delinquent as evil", he smiled. 

Amusement Park

Senju grabbed Airi after running around looking for help. "Draken. he...", she panted. "Let's call the ambulance", Airi already got an understanding of the situation. "This is all my fault. I was caught off guard and...got people...invo-", Airi hugged her and asked the lady to lead her to Draken. She was catching her breath trying to keep up with Senju. She mentally slapped herself for not exercising more. 

Her eyes widened to see a pool of blood. Takemichi is kneeling and talking to Draken. "He never saw this sky because he never lost", he suddenly has tears in his eyes. 

"This is pretty lame to ask but take care of Mikey", he smiled. "I'm on my way, Emma", he said before finally closing his eyes. 

Airi stood next to the ambulance. "I'll be with you, Draken-kun. Let's go to the hospital. You see, the medics are already here", Airi forced a smile while the rain is hiding her tears. She held on Draken's hand and can feel a faint pulse. One day, people will be laughing with you. One day, they will no longer be able to respond. The medics were trying to revive him but in the end, Draken lost a lot of blood. Airi felt Draken's cold hand and finally let go. "Watch over us, together with Emma", she wiped her tears and saw Takemichi dazed. The ambulance left with Draken's corpse. 

Senju tried to talk with Takemichi but nothing is just reaching him. Soon, they were surrounded, both by allies and the enemy. Any time soon, a fight will break. Takemichi looked at Airi and gave a signal for her to step back. The lady did but felt people behind her. "You're quite flashy, lady", two grabbed on her should. "The Haitani brothers, let her go", Takeomi furrowed his brow. "How about we'll have a game a little later? It's called dress up game", Ran whispered to her making Airi remove their grip on her. "Get lost. She has nothing to do with this fight", Wakasa stepped. "It might be difficult to find a way out but you're dead meat if you stay here as well", Wakasa looked at her. The girl nodded and started to look for empty spaces she could fit in and start making her way out. Together with the rain and tears in her eyes, she panicked getting confused about where to go. She suddenly saw a motorcycle light stopping in the middle of the crowd. 

Hazuki was able to reach the place and saw how chaotic it had become. There are three gangs gathered in one place. With the number of people, he doesn't know where to start looking for her sister but something caught his eye. It was Senju fighting with a man who is far larger and taller than her. He bit his lips and continued looking for his sister. 

Airi stands behind Mikey with her eyes focused on the fight in front of her. She never saw a brawl this huge. "Mikey", she called on the man's name. The blonde turned and saw a familiar face he haven't seen for two years. Airi wiped her tears and looked straight into Mikey's dead eyes. The man grabbed her collar and stared at her face. Hazuki, finally seeing her, panicked and tried to get to her sister's side but there are too many blockages. He started punching them regardless of the uniform they are wearing. Fate forbids that his sister will get just one wound from this battle. 

 Airi placed her hands on Mikey's feeling like suffocating in his tight grip. "This must be tough on you. For you to not see Draken-kun for two years and appear now that he's dead. He was smiling after saying your sister's name. Mikey, you're losing too much. I'm afraid that if you continue distancing yourself from us, you will also lose yourself", the lady pressed her lips. "Come back to us, Mikey", Airi tried to reach to his face but Mikey threw her on the ground. She felt the painful impact of her body and the cemented floor. Before Mikey could do anything else, Kakucho appeared and tried to beat some sense in him. 

Airi was able to kneel and watch such a horrible scene unfolds in front of her. Hazuki hugged his sister. As Mikey started beating Minami to death, Hazuki covered Airi's eyes. "Kawaragi-san would be the next.  I heard them talking about her being the leader of Brahman", the lady removed her brother's hand and saw Mikey punching Takemichi. "I am not strong enough to stop Mikey", Hazuki assisted Airi to stand. Senju finally saw him and lip-read what Hazuki said. She bowed on the ground and begged Mikey in exchange for Brahman getting disbanded. 

After some time, Koko announced the result and warned everyone to leave the place before the police arrives. "We owe you that. If you weren't decisive, Mikey could go on his killing spree", Hazuki looked at Koko bringing out an amount of money. "Bring him to the hospital. They will identify me as a gang member", he said then started walking away. Senju kneeled on the ground hoping that Takemichi is still alive.

Chapter end.