"Watching the Sunset" 🤍/✨

"Watching the Sunset."
Inspired by the song "Are You Bored Yet?"
Really short!!
🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍

Komaeda's POV <3

"Sorry, I lost track of time," Hinata apologized, standing next to me.

"Don't be sorry," I smiled. "I could wait a year for you and I'd still be here."

"You would die of starvation," Hinata looked at me with a worried expression. "Also, don't say that. It's creepy."

"Sorry," I sighed.

I turned and looked up at the sky, staring at the clouds slowly move. The sun had started going down, making me smile.

"Why did you want to see me, anyway?" Hinata asked.

"Oh, I just... wanted to have someone to talk to. Sitting alone isn't as nice as you might think," I looked down at the water below us with a small laugh.

"Are you always here? At this exact time?" Hinata looked up, then back to me.

"Not always. But a lot of the time, yes. It helps me... calm down, I guess," I said, placing my hands on the railing and staring towards the sun again.

Hinata sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"You're always alone. I see you all of the time. You have nobody to hang out or talk to unless someone is asking you to do a favor for them."

"It's not your fault that people don't like me..."

"I didn't say they didn't like you."

"You can read it off of their faces when they walk towards me."

Hinata's POV <3

"Do you... like the sunset?" I asked. The awkward silence between us had finally gotten to me.

Komaeda turned to me with a big smile, "I do! Of course I do. I love sunsets."

I leaned on the railing, looking in his direction. He was staring at the sun going down. I smiled. "I didn't know you liked them. Do you know why you like them?"

"Sunsets remind me of you," he said, turning to me. "The colors of it," he lifted his hand, covering the sun with his palm. "They're beautiful. Like you."

I stood up, staring at the colors. "You think I'm beautiful?"

Komaeda lowered his hand and smiled. "I really do. You're the only person I've ever met who... has stayed with me and wants to be around me."

I lowered my head with a small laugh.

"Is something funny?" Komaeda's smile faltered.

I looked up at him and shook my head. I pulled him into a hug, sighing. "You don't know how much it means to me to hear you compliment me."

"I try to be as truthful as I can towards you... so you'll stay with me," Komaeda said. "I don't want to be alone again."

I backed up, holding one of his hands. "You won't be alone, I promise." I said. Komaeda smiled again.

"I like being around you. Just like you said."

Komaeda kept his eyes on me while I turned to focus on the sunset. It had gotten darker now, and you could only see the top of the sun.

"You mean a lot to me," Komaeda said. "I l-l..." Komaeda struggled to speak.

"I—"

"I know, Komaeda. You don't have to say it," I grabbed both of his hands with a silent laugh and looked up at him. Komaeda nodded, looking away in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry..." Komaeda frowned.

"Why are you apologizing? It's nothing bad," I moved one of my hands to his arm.

"I guess I just... want to be able to tell you in person rather than on paper that I... l-li-...ke you," he scratched his neck.

I smiled, using my hand to turn his head back towards me. I leaned in and kissed him.

Komaeda wrapped a hand around me while his other hand still held mine.

I pulled back with a laugh. "You just told me."

Komaeda stood in silence, only turning his head away again after realizing.

"How about we stay at my place? It's already dark enough out here," I said. Komaeda nodded, hiding his face once he pulled his hood up.

"Thank you..." he said.

"For what?"

"Watching the sunset with me."

"I'll always watch it with you if you want me there."

Komaeda smiled. "Hinata, I—"

"I know. I do, too," I returned the smile.

🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍 ✨ 🤍