Chapter 47

The next morning, Karishma came downstairs and started looking around. Pushpaji, who was in the kitchen, noticed it and called: "Good morning, meri ankhon k taare ab zara yahan bhi tashreef laye Krishu babu."

Karishma turned her attention to Pushpaji and said, "Good Morning Amma," while hugging and kissing her on cheeks.

Upon coming out of the embrace, Pushapji exclaimed, "Dhanyawad Shivji, kam se kam meri beti ko yaad toh aaya k main bhi is ghar mein rehti hoon," in her dramatic manner.

Karishma raised her eyebrow in response and said, "Kya Amma, aap subah subah kitna drama karti hai," as she walked over and sat down at the dining table.

"Achha! waise niche aate hi teri nazrein kise dhundh rahi thi sab pata hai mujhe," teased Pushpaji while getting their breakfast and sitting beside her.

"Aisi koi baat nahi hai Amma vo kal raat ko," Karishma said, trying to explain, but Pushpaji interrupted and screamed in excitement, "Ha kal raat ko kya kiya tum dono ne," wiggling her eyebrows.

A frustrated Karishma banged her hands and chidded, "Yaar Amma please, aap janti hai na itne saalo baad dost banaya hai maine, aur sach maniye bohot izzat karti hoon hamare rishte ki........ So please aisa kuch bol ke disrespect mat kijiye."

Pushpaji shrugged her shoulders and replied, "Itni kyu naraz ho rahi hai, aur maine kab tumhare rishte ko disrespect kiya...... Bas tum mein jo badlav aaya hai isliye keh rahi hoon achhi ladki hai haseena sochna kabhi."

"Nahi Amma, aisa kuch nahi ho sakta," pleaded Karishma

Pushpaji being adamant replied, "Kyun nahi ho sakta, sirf isliye na kyunki hamein lagta hai k vo straight hai, par vo kya hai na Krishu babu pyaar kisiko kisi se bhi ho sakta hai."

"Par maine mere hisse ka pyaar kar liya hai," murmured Karishma in low voice and continued, "Sach kahu toh abhi mujh mein pyaar bacha hi nahi hai, aur ab main pehle achhi dost banna chahti hoon jis pe vo aasani se bharosa kar paye...... To be honest, I am done with this love thing and it won't happen again."

Pushpaji held her hand in hers and said, "Come on Krishu, first love is extremely overrated because there's so much you don't know about it. Giving love a second chance is like watching the sun rise amidst a cluster of clouds. It possesses strength, commitment, and belief, all of which are greater than the hurt of the past. The first love brings you joy, but the second one teaches you how to cultivate something beautiful for life."

"Amma, love is a once-in-a-lifetime experience; you cannot keep falling in love with everyone over and over again or you will be heartbroken," asked Karishma with brimmed eyes.

Pushpaji smiled and replied, "Who says we only get to live that magic of love once in a lifetime? Second chances should be celebrated more often. Despite all the doubts, they will make you believe that love still exists. This is even when you thought it was lost forever. Every time a door to love closes, another one is waiting to open and shower you with joy all over again; all you have to do is let it in. So give love a second chance & trust the magic of new beginnings.

"I understand your point, but we are veering off-topic here because Galib and I are just good friends. I love it the way it is," said Karishma and started eating her breakfast quietly.

"Ahaan! sab pata hai mujhe," murmured Pushpaji in a low voice, and with a mischievous smile on her face, she began to sing.

"Aise Bhole Ban Kar Hain Baithe
Jaise Koi Baat Nahin
Sab Kuch Nazar Aa Raha Hai
Din Hai Yeh Raat Nahi"

While a slight blush appeared on Karishma's face, she bowed her head so Pushpaji wouldn't see her.

Kya Hai Kuch Bhi Nahi Hai Agar
Hoton Pe Hai Khamoshi Magar
Baatein Kar Rahi Hai
Nazar Chupke Chupke
Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain
Magar Chupke Chupke....