Chapter 35

When Haseena came into her room, she sat on her bed not being able to process what just happened. Though she took some sleeping pills, sleep was still far from her and she could not seem to sleep. As she lay on her bed, she kept changing her sides while thinking, "Maine inke jesa insan aaj tak nahi dekha.Thodi der phele usi insan ne aise baat kahi ki humare dil pe chubi. Aur dusre hi pal vo insan ban jati hai jo meri dari hui haalat mai dekh ke humara sahara banti hai.

Hum inhe samaj hi nahi pa rahi hai.  Akhir ye hai kon??? Vo jo aapne gusse mai kisi ko bhi kuch bhi bol deti hai. Ya vo jo kisi bhi halat mai hume kuch nahi hone degi. Ek pal k liye lagta hai k hum unhe samajne lage hai par dusre hi pal vo aapne kidaar par sawal uthane ko majboor kar deti hai. Ek pal aisa kuch keh deti hai nafarat karne ka dil karta hai aur dusre pal mai aisa kuch karti hai ki humare nazroo mai unki liye izzaat baad jati hai.  Kyu hai aap aisi Karishma singh. Kya shaksiyat hai aapki. Kya hum aapko kabhi samaj payenge.

Us waqt Humne unki ankho mai dekha tha daar humare liye. Pheli baar humne aapne liye kisi ki ankho mai daar dekha meri haalat dekh kar vo daari jarur thi.” Finally, she floated into sleep as the medicine effect overtook her disturbed mind.

Karishma, on the other hand, was restless and pacing in her room. She was not able to get Haseena’s eyes, which were filled with extreme pain and tears, out of her mind. Her heart tugged when she held her close as if she wanted to keep her safe and secure from everything in this world. She was feeling guilty for causing Haseena so much pain and the unknown feeling she was experiencing toward her. She closed her fist tightly and banged it on the wall hurting her knuckles. “Agghhh” she shouted.

Karishma came out of her room and headed for Haseena's room and she was about to knock when she stopped herself and thought, "Nahi abhi nahi she had a tough day today, let her sleep peacefully." As her heart refused to let her leave, she stood there keeping her hand on the door for a few more seconds before making a mental note, "I'll talk to her tomorrow." Yes, I'll apologize to her first thing in the morning." and left for her room.

The next morning, Karishma got up and hurriedly ran outside. She saw Haseena's room door slightly open, so she peeked inside, but she couldn't find her. As she was descending the steps, she felt a bit of pain near her knees because she forgot to apply ice to her wound last night. She completely ignored it because at that moment all that mattered to her was seeing Haseena well and apologizing to her.

When she came down, she did not find Haseena anywhere. She noticed the timing on the wall clock and understood that Haseena must have left for work.

“Tumhara kuch nahi ho sakta bina alarm k toh aap uthi nahi sakti” murmured Karishma while scratching her temple. She was standing near the kitchen counter with her head hung low when the paper note caught her attention. She picked it up and started reading it

“Aapka breakfast oven mai rakha hai. Please heat it before having it”

A smile crept on her face while she uttered “Galib muje tum se maafi mangni thi yaar I am sorry please ise baar maaf kar dena”

Karishma walked to her room and came back after freshening up. She headed toward the oven to heat her breakfast as she found another chit on it.

“Left side wale Flask mai aapki coffee rakhi hai agar thandi lage toh use bhi garam kar lijiyega”

As soon as Karishma was about to leave the kitchen her attention fell on the fridge where another chit was stuck.

“Fruits cut kar k rakhe hai fridge mai”

"Ye sab kar ke tumne muje aur guilt mai dal diya hai" uttered Karishma in frustration, but in some sense she was content to know that Haseena is a genuine person who cares for her without expecting anything in return.