Chapter 68

As the sun rose high in the sky, it's brilliant rays painted the morning with radiant promise. It was a morning that seemed to emerge from the depths of the darkest night, offering a fresh beginning, a chance to cast aside the weight of past negativity. The very air felt charged with hope and possibility, infusing hearts with a sense of renewal.

Haseena stirred in her sleep, attempting to shift her position, but she felt an affectionate weight wrapped around her waist, holding her securely. Slowly, she turned and gently opened her eyes, greeted by the enchanting face she longed to see every morning. It was Karishma, her Krishu, lying next to her and waking up next to her was the most beautiful feeling in the world.

Haseena tried to get up, being cautious not to disturb her, but paused when she noticed Karishma shifting and turning her face away from the morning sunlight that was streaming in. A soft, affectionate smile graced Haseena's lips as she reached out and gently placed her hand over Karishma's eyes, shielding them from the intrusive light. Suddenly, Karishma sat up, concern etched across her face, and without a word, she leaned over to check Haseena's forehead, her eyes filled with worry and tenderness.

Haseena looked at Karishma with confusion and asked, "Kya hua, aap aise kyun uth gayi?"

"Tumhe toh fever hai, dekho taap rahi ho bukhar mein," Karishma replied, her tone laced with concern as she held Haseena's hand.

Haseena, understanding her concern, gently assured her, "Aisa kuch nahi hai. Abhi dawai le lenge toh thik ho jayenge." As she attempted to get out of bed, she felt a bit dizzy, Karishma quickly supported her and carefully made her sit back on the bed.

Karishma couldn't resist taunting, "Dikh raha hai kitni thik ho?"

"Itna kuch nahi hai aur humein office bhi jana hai," insisted Haseena.

Karishma retorted sarcastically, "Haan, tum office nahi jaogi toh bank band ho jayegi, hai na?" She walked over to the drawer to fetch a thermometer, and Haseena attempted to interject, "Krishu..."

Before she could complete her sentence, Karishma gently placed the thermometer in Haseena's mouth and continued, her tone firm but caring, "Khudko jyada importance mat do, bas chup chap leti raho."

Karishma checked her temperature on the thermometer and remarked, "Dekha, 101 bukhar hai. Ab chup chap yahan raho, kahi nahi jane wali ho tum. Shayad kal raat ke stress ke wajah se fever aaya hoga."

"Woh hum kya keh rahe the," Haseena tried to speak but she stopped abruptly when she received a deathly glare from Karishma.

"Ek aur shabd nahi, zyada Wonder Woman banne ki zarurat nahi hai," Karishma scolded, her anger mixed with genuine concern.

Haseena obediently placed a finger on her lips, and Karishma continued, "Yahi raho, main tumhare liye khana lekar aati hoon, phir dawai leke so jana."

Haseena raised her other hand, while Karishma looked at her quizzically, and asked, "Kya hua?"

Haseena, with a straight face, replied, "Kya hum office mein message daal sakte hain k hum aaj nahi aa payenge kyuki, ek Gabbar Singh ne humein qaid karke rakha hai."

Karishma raised her eyebrows, and questioned, "Kya kahan, Gabbar Singh?"

"Ji haan," replied Haseena firmly.

Karishma smirked and replied, "Thank you, woh main hoon aur iska jawab main baad mein dungi." With that, she left the room, leaving Haseena with a smile on her face.

As soon as Karishma informed Pushpaji about Haseena's condition, she hurriedly rushed to see her, with Karishma following closely behind, carrying some food. Haseena's state had worsened, and they found her shivering uncontrollably from the cold, her temperature alarmingly high.