Wrong Number

(Just a tiny story to try to get me to update other books.)

Kim Taehyung is sitting at a table sipping on his soft drink in the food court at the mall. He is waiting on his husband and their daughter to return from the bathroom.

When he sees his beyond gorgeous husband waddling around the corner from where the restrooms are located. He can't help but break out into the biggest smile. He still loves his husband so much, even after more than 10 years together.

He was still looking at him in awe when someone spoke and brought him out of his reverie.

"Wow, look at you gawking at that handsome man. Do you know him?" The man asks him.

Taehyung looks up and excitedly jumps out of his seat to hug the man.

"Jungkook! It's so good to see you! How are you? Are you here alone?" Taehyung asks.

"Hey.. yeah. I'm by myself. I'm just here for the weekend. My wife's little sister is getting married so we're here for the wedding."

"Well sit down. It's been a while since we've talked."

They spend a few minutes talking when Tae's husband and daughter walk over.

"Tae.. Mia wants some ice cream. I forgot my wallet. Can you give me your card?"

"Appa.. you are the one who wants ice cream." Mia blurts out.

"Wha?! Ha-ha.. that's not true." Jin mumbles and gives her the Shh! gesture.

Taehyung laughs cause he knows his husband has cravings being so pregnant. He pulls out his wallet and hands it to him. "Sure, hey. Let me introduce an old friend of mine. We grew up together but he moved away to the states when we entered high school. We rarely talk anymore." He eyes Jungkook mischievously.

As Jin reaches his hand out to shake his, he says, "Oh yeah. He's mentioned you lots of times. It's good to put a face to the name. This is our daughter Mia."

Jungkook smiles at them and replies, "Oh, so you're the poor soul that is stuck with this guy. It's very nice to meet you."

Jin giggles and gives his husband a peck and says, "I sure am. And he's also stuck with me forever now."

Jungkook can see the genuine love between them. And is happy for his old friend.

They exchange a few more pleasantries and then Jin says, "Well, if you will excuse us. We have to go get that ice cream. But if you leave before we return, just know it was so great meeting you. Maybe we can all get together before you return home."

"Sure, that'd be nice."

Jin and Mia then walk away to get their ice cream.

Jungkook then says, "Wow man. So you do know that handsome man. You hit the jackpot with him. How'd you two meet?"

"Oh.. well. That's kind of a long story. But I like to think of it as kismet. We were destined to meet and fall in love. To be together forever."

᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾᯾

12 years ago

Kim Seokjin sat at his desk diligently taking notes as the teacher was speaking. He was one of the top students at his school and he was always well prepared. He was your typical class nerd, wearing starched khakis and stiff shirts. He wore thick glasses and people would make fun of him. But he didn't care. He had his eye on the prize. And that was to graduate as the valedictorian of his graduating class.

He was so enthralled in what the teacher was saying that he jumped in surprise when the door suddenly opened and a new student walked in along with the guidance counselor.