The Pup

(Medical tests and any medical dialogue should not be taken as true. This is a fan FICTION. I watch alot of TV. This is just for fun and not realistic.)

Kim Seokjin was visiting his best friend Jimin who had just had a baby. His husband Namjoon is sitting next to him looking more enamored of him than ever.

As Jin holds the tiny baby girl in his arms, he once again feels the pang of wanting a baby. But he always figured it would happen the natural way.

Meet a handsome man, fall deeply in love, get married and after the honeymoon. They would start a family. Preferably a big family. With at least five children.

But he's had the worst luck with his romantic partners. They all either end up cheating on him or they just have other ideas for their future.

So he's been single for over a year now but still hopes to meet his Prince Charming.

"She's absolutely beautiful guys. Get prepared to have her get spoiled by me." He tells his friends.

"And maybe babysit every once in a while too right?" Jimin giggles.

"Of course! That's what samchons do."

"Have you ever thought about having one of your own?" Namjoon asks before thinking.

Jimin quickly punches his arm and gives him a look. He doesn't catch on and then adds, "What? I'm just curious. Geez. I mean cause.. Jin is such a great guy. I just want him to be as happy as we are."

Before Jimin can punch his husband again, Jin replies, "Thanks Joon. I actually have thought about it... in fact.. I've been thinking about it alot lately. But I'm just not meeting any good prospects that could help me in that department, ya'know?"

Namjoon looks over at Jimin and scoots a little bit out of his reach before he says, "Well.. I don't mean to worry you. Or freak you out or anything. But as a doctor.. I think you should be aware that the older you get, the less likely it is for you to get pregnant. I recommend that you go get yourself checked out to see how viable it is for you to get pregnant and be able to carry it full term."

"Joon! Stop. You're scaring him."

Jin lets his words soak in and then asks Jimin, "Do you think I should? I mean.. what if I wait until it's too late? I would hate that."

Jimin gives him a sympathetic look and tells him, "I don't know Jin-ah. But if it will ease your mind, just do it. Get tested. I'll even go with you."

"Really?"

"Yes, of course. I'm sure Joonie knows someone that could help. Right babe?"

Namjoon nods and says, "I have a colleague at the hospital who specializes in infertility treatments. He is very popular with his patients and his schedule is usually booked. But I think he can fit you in as a favor to me. Should I ask?"

Jin was suddenly very worried and quickly agrees.

Namjoon gets up to grab his phone from the kitchen counter and quickly makes a call.

Jin and Jimin watch him as he talks to his colleague and then give their attention to the baby who started crying. Jin started to rock her in his arms and she quickly settled down. Jimin smiles at him and says, "You will be a great Appa."

"Let's hope so."

A few minutes later Namjoon walks back to where they sat and with a smile said, "I hope you can get to his office by 8am cause that was the only time he could squeeze you in. He normally begins seeing patients after 9am."

"I'm sure I can make it. I'm so glad he made an exception for me. What's his name by the way?"

"Jeon Jungkook."