Daddy part 2

(Apologies for the following. Not sad, just sucks)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jin's heart was beating fast and he felt the need to run. The sight of the man who broke his heart years ago is bringing back all sorts of memories and he hates it.

"Babe? Are you ok?" His boyfriend asks.

Jin turns to face him and he feels his vision spiral. He leans against him and is held gently in his arms. "Yes.. yes I'm fine. I'm sorry. I skipped lunch because I was called into a meeting with my boss. I must just be hungry. Don't worry."

"Then here, sit down so we can order." He helps Jin sit down and is being very attentive towards him.

Jin can feel Tae's eyes on him but he refuses to look at him yet. It isn't until his boyfriend asks, "By the way.. you mentioned my son's name. Do you two know each other?"

Jin's eyes grow wider and he turns to look at Tae to see what he will say but he is still staring at him. So he replies, "Um, y-yes. He and I were classmates in high school. Until he just disappeared one day out of the blue. I haven't seen or heard from him since."

"Oh.. that must have been when his mother and I divorced. He was forced to move away to his grandparents house in Daegu. I don't think he had a chance to say goodbye to anyone that night. My ex was very.. um.." Tae's father struggles to explain the issues his ex-wife has without angering his son.

"She has mental health issues. And suffers from severe manic depression episodes. I was dragged away in the middle of the night with no phone for months because she was in a downward spiral. And was paranoid that I would help to have her committed. It took her months to come down and I had to help my grandparents deal with her and their farm.

I wanted so badly to call .. but seeing my grandmother cry all day, everyday. The stress of dealing with everything then to have their own health deteriorate. I decided to put my selfish thoughts aside and do whatever I could to help them."

Jin raises his eyes to look at Tae who is trying to get a read on him.

"Yes.. after another recent episode, things happened that changed everything and I decided to bring my son to Seoul so he can work alongside me. Learn the ropes. Since it will all be his one day." Tae's father says proudly.

Jin is surprised to learn the reason for his ex's disappearance and now doesn't know what to feel. He learned to cope with his loss by convincing himself that he hates him. And that helped him get on with his life. Now that he knows what really happened, does he still have the right to hate him? But does he even hate him at all?

The waiter comes to take their order and he listens to his boyfriend continue the conversation.

"So what have you been doing since high school Jin?" Tae asks.

"Just working. Not much else." Jin replies.

"My father told me he was dating the most handsome famous newscaster in the entire country. Imagine my surprise when I saw you arrive."

Jin gets squeezed by Tae's father and he smiles at him, "Yeah, I can imagine you were expecting someone really hot and instead you got me. Sorry to disappoint you."

"You could never disappoint me. I was shocked to see you, but as always it's a pleasure seeing you again."

Jin does his best to keep his eyes on his food during dinner. But the urge to see Tae proved too much. And every time he would look across the table he would see him looking right back at him. It proves too much for him to handle and he has to excuse himself to the restroom.

He walks in and quickly goes into a stall. He makes sure the lid is shut and sits down and begins to take deep breaths in and out. Memories of times spent with Tae in their younger days play in his mind.