Chapter 12

[3RD Person POV]

Earth 49:

Batman snarled as he slammed his hands on the table in front of him. In front of him sat a calm and collected Joker. "The nuke! Where did you get it?" Batman yelled, anger in his voice as the Joker kept a haunting grin on his face. "Why? Do you want one?" Joker asked, "Copy-Bat." Anger began to build in Batman as he grabbed at the Joker's collar.

However, the interrogation room shook as a beam of red light blew up the wall. Superman floated just an inch above the floor, his eyes literally glowing red as his shadow looked over the Joker. "Get away from him!" Superman commanded, taking a step onto the floor as Batman tried to intervene.

"I'm handling this" Batman grunted as Superman approached the table. Suddenly, he gripped the table and flung it to the other side of the room with ease. Grabbing onto the Joker's collar, he slammed the clown prince of crime against the wall, causing it to crack. "You drugged me! Made me... Lois... my child!" Superman snapped, his voice faltering at the mention of his wife and unborn child.

Joker began to laugh softly, watching the Man of Steel slowly break. "First Krypton, now Metropolis... people you love tend to blow up, don't they" he teased. Superman growled, bringing his hand back and smashing it against the wall. "That's why I like you, Superman. You're much more gullible than..." he added, gesturing toward Batman.

The anger built as Superman threw Joker across the room, slamming him against the other wall. Casually, Joker stood up and grunted, walking over to the chair in the middle of the room. He sat down, smirking as he looked up at the two men. "Now, run along so I can break out of here. I have-" Joker barely got to finish his sentence before suddenly feeling a hand clench his heart. Superman's eyes glowed red as he pulled his fist out of Joker's chest. After this moment, things will never be the same...

~~~

Meanwhile, back on Earth 1, {Y/N} sighed heavily as he sat on a tall skyscraper in New York. Next to him, Petra sat there with a soft hum. She had her mask off her face as she ate a subway sandwich. "Shouldn't we be helping the Justice League in Metropolis?" Petra hummed, her voice slightly muffled by the food. Turning to glance at her {Y/N} shrugged as he held his helmet in his lap. Thankfully, he had gotten it fully repaired after asking Tonya for some upgrades.

The two sat there, staring out into the skyline of New York. "Bruce doesn't like it when 'the bat-family' intervenes with Justice League issues" {Y/N} hummed, quietly stealing a sip from Petra's drink. "Hey!" Petra hummed, noticing the cup in his hand. The two laughed as {Y/N} placed the cup back down. He put his helmet on, smiling under it

However, things quickly turned as there was a sudden blinding light. {Y/N} grunted as he fell and hit hard pavement as sirens blared overhead. Did he fall? If so why was he not dead? Looking up, something was definitely off. The sky looked darker, almost like he was back in Gotham. Turning around, his eyes widened at the symbol in front of him.