Prologue PT.1 💫

The icy wind blew through Ma'i's hair, and brushed out a stand out of the girl's face, making her body shiver.

It was night. A pure black night with little to no stars shining in the sky.
Ma'i looked up trying to capture at least some of the shimmer but it was completely useless and the girl ended up averting her eyes back to the ground. Ma'i's eyes were not used to the darkness, due to the few hours of strolling, so she felt completely wasted.

Ma'i was walking for ages, holding onto her mom's hand and trying to catch up with her dad. However, this was truly tiring for a five-year-old girl.

At first, Ma'i felt fascinated by the forest and all the captivating nature aspects but her interest level dropped after about 30 minutes and the girl started to feel bored.

After her probably millionth yawn, Ma'i saw a glimpse of a burning fire on the horizon. Her eyes widen as she felt excitement and fear rush through her veins, tiredness completely out of her body.

"Mom, what's that?" She tugged on her mom's hand pointing her little finger to the sudden change in constant view. The sound of new voices reached her ears as they started averting themselves trying to understand a word or few.

Ma'i could hear both of her parents intake sharp breaths before speaking.

"Our new home."